Windows 10: IE 11 does not open

Discus and support IE 11 does not open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Now if you did a reset of Windows 10, but then put back all same stuff, that will never then tells us what caused it, might be just reproducing the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rees, Dec 8, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

Now if you did a reset of Windows 10, but then put back all same stuff, that will never then tells us what caused it, might be just reproducing the same issue again by doing so and a big waste of time.

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  2. Edwin New Member

Could it be a corrupt shortcut path?
    Try opening IE from iexplore.exe in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)?

Edwin, Dec 11, 2015
  3. rees Win User
    tried the C directory path no luck. still doing norton scan

4. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

norton found no threats

5. rees Win User
    I ran DISM again and learned that this did not complete the first time. It did complete today. Here is message, "the restore operation completed successfully."

6. rees Win User
    I re enabled a few of the startup programs, removed chrome. Then rebooted the computer. Still no IE explorer.

I also attached photos of the RAID error displays, in case related.

7. jds63 Win User
    O.k. what DISM will show when completed successfully. Making you run SFC and DISM was to see if it may of been due to corrupt or missing files. Sometimes you need to run both commands one after the other a few times to fix corrupt files.

Basically you just started enabling startups you completely disabled when i told you to ? What photos i see none ?
    Where was this raid error shown again from Norton Performance monitor ?

jds63, Dec 11, 2015
  8. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

the startups that were enabled were some of the ones that I disabled per your recommendation. Do you recommend that I run SFC and DISM a few more times?

I tried to attach photos but unable for unknown reason. here is text
    "AMD RAIDXpert
    [2015/12/12 0927]
    task timeout on disk (port Number 1 target ID 1) at LBA 0x0a0000000
    (Length 0x1)"

9. jds63 Win User
    These are AMD Chipset SATA Controller drivers, seem to be no longer updated, but i would check HP site for them since you know your PC model number. To be related to IE problem i do not think so, another issue.

Can run SFC and DISM again,it won't hurt.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  10. rees Win User
    Ran the 2 tests a second time. no errors found

11. jds63 Win User
    Talking about SFC and DISM ?

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  12. rees Win User
    yes

13. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

also ran malware anti malware. found nothing serious with that.

14. jds63 Win User
    I have kind of exhausted all my resources on this matter. Seems to me some non-Microsoft running process on this computer is causing this to happen. Which one has been hard to tell, we have tried disabling all startups (hoping you did this exactly) and it still happened. This determined because when we ran it in Windows safe mode IE 11 opened fine. Even running it from the execution file in C:\ProgramFiles\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe also failed. Unless it's some corruption that not even SFC or DISM can fix, again hard to say only by resetting the OS. Not a common issue with IE 11, it is usually the issue of it can not load pages, slow performance, hangs or freezes.

Even a Clean Boot similar to Safe mode is just going to determine same thing. I do not know all the software that is on this system to determine a possible cause and each process of a non-microsoft software would have to be disabled one by one till found the culprit. Only other thought can be a software driver, but again which one. Does your system have the most updated system and hardware drivers from the PC manufacturer's site.

jds63, Dec 12, 2015
  15. rees Win User
    I checked on the HP site, the manufacturer, with their update checking software no updates were found. As for start up items, I still have only 3 items enabled; my dropbox, My backup power sensor, and printer link. I will plan to disable programs one at a time to see if that helps. Would I do that from performance monitor or is there a better way?

By the way, I do appreciate the extensive time and thought that you have put into solving this issue.

Thema:

IE 11 does not open

1. IE 11 does not open - Similar Threads - does open

2. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  6. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  7. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  8. Double click does not open documents

Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  9. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...

What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...