Windows 10: IE 11 does not open

Discus and support IE 11 does not open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I checked on the HP site, the manufacturer, with their update checking software no updates were found. As for start up items, I still have only 3 items... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rees, Dec 8, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

Your Welcome Rees anytime, frustrates me to not knowing how to solve something.Tried just about the most common methods, none have worked, as you seen working in windows safe mode will tell you something on system is doing it, not Windows 10

If you wanted me to look for you, you can provide the exact model number of the PC to make sure of updates, but this is only to make sure your system is up to date with the most important system drivers it is not likely to help the IE 11 issue. What is the Printer link do for you ?

What i mean about other running processes is not only the ones found in the Startup Tab only in the Task Manager, these you will see in Details Tab of the Task Manager, will be anything Non-Microsoft. Unless you know about what these items are i would not suggest doing it this way, there will be a blue link at bottom of Details Tab that brings you to Services where these are located and can be disabled or set to manual the running process non-Microsoft only will be shown as running or set to Automatic, basically need to identify ones that are not Microsoft. If a software driver is at conflict need to know which one, example of one... Display adapter (video card) driver.

To me dealing with this kind of method for you because it seems you are novice at this stuff, just do not want you to cause yourself more issues, but would be up to you.

jds63, Dec 13, 2015
  2. rees Win User

my box is a HPE-210F, do you need more detail than that about the Box?

What I am calling the printer link, I meant scanner software so that the scanner on my printer works.

3. jds63 Win User
    System is fine for Windows 10. Guess you used this on there support page to check the system.
    Not sure which drivers to choose? Let HP identify any out-of-date or missing drivers and software.

Then is shows no driver on the page, just telling you this.
    Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update.
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/...A0AQC11TA930O2

O.k. i know what you mean about scanner service it is needed so that the Printer scanner works and service needs to be running. My Epson All-in-One has the same service.

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  4. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

I will check out the windows site, thanks. I have been fooling around with removing some programs that I dont use. I have looked thru the details page in task manager and ended some of those, I also tried safe mode with and without network. So far the only way that the browser opens is in safe mode, either one.

5. jds63 Win User
    Ending running process in task manager will temporarily stop the process until the next restart only of the PC. Suggest being careful to what process you stop. As said i believe some software or software driver is causing this. No need to check out any windows site, updates for your system will either already be in Windows 10 or be downloaded through Windows update. Hardware like Graphics card can be found on that manufacturer's site going by model number of the hardware, example i believe your Graphics card is AMD.

My only other suggestion now is since you i believe have had Windows 10 past 30 days on this PC and unless you have original Windows install media disc from HP for older operating system,you may want to think about a reset of Windows 10, possibly clean install.
    Then one by one put back any third party software you had on it. Not sure if all you have is backed up on discs or original HP disc for this before thinking of doing this as a last alternative.

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  6. rees Win User
    According to AMD I am current on drivers. I had windows 7 as the original operating system on this computer. I updated to 10 immediately after it became available, whenever that was. I have an HP backup on a partition of my harddrive. I suppose that would be to windows 7 tho. I am reluctant to do a complete reinstall as that usually takes a couple days for me to get back to normal once that is done!

7. jds63 Win User
    O.k. so all you have is this factory recovery partition, no Media discs of Windows 7 from HP ? Clean install will remove this partition, believe same with doing a reset without saving anything. July 29th was when the upgrade to Windows 10 became available to all.
    Chances that partition will not work anymore and you can not go back after the 30 days of having this new OS. Reset or clean install takes minutes, assuming you mean reinstalling all your other software. Which is the case here with this issue, what is causing this, software or software driver.

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

IE 11 does not open

You never made recovery disks from this HP recovery partition in the past ?

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  9. rees Win User
    If i do a clean install, how do I go about this?

10. rees Win User
    no recover discs made. I do have norton backup of files that is done regularly. thats it

11. jds63 Win User
    This was a suggestion as a last resort, up to you, unless want to wait longer to find out if anyone else here has a idea of what is causing your IE 11 issue. First i would make sure all important files ( Documents, pictures, videos, etc..) are backed up on a USB external device and software has disc backups or is backed up in another way that can be recovered.

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Believe Norton might back it up to a cloud or is it on a USB device ?

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  13. rees Win User

IE 11 does not open

I have an external drive that I back most of my important files onto. I also backup some files to cloud. I can wait a bit before taking the plunge. I am concerned about being able to recover a few older programs.

14. jds63 Win User
    Meaning software that came with HP computer ?

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Hello @rees, @jds63 asked me to take a look art this thread.

You could try an "In Place Upgrade" and keeping software and files, to see if that repairs your system.
    Go to Microsoft and get the MCT(Media Creation Tool) plug in an USB thumb drive(8GB is best to make sure you have enough room) and download the ISO, letting the MCT create a bootable drive for you(you could just download the ISO to desktop, but with the USB you can do a clean install later, or upgrade other machines with it).

After the USB is created, mount it in File Explorer by clicking the drive letter.
    Then click the "setup.exe" and let it search for updates and reinstall windows.

IE 11 does not open [​IMG]

After Windows has "reinstalled" check ALL your settings, specially !"Time Zone" in Control Panel >> Date and Time, resync to internet time while you are there and then check your Location settings in Settings App >> Privacy.

For more detailed information on a Repair install see this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Cliff S, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

IE 11 does not open

1. IE 11 does not open - Similar Threads - does open

2. Xbox app does not open on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app does not open on PC: Every time I try to open the app, it shows the window with the logo, then crashes after a few seconds. Games and game bar still function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-does-not-open-on-pc/05ca1e20-9d59-4c78-a77e-91ce21ecd73e
  3. Xbox app does not open on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app does not open on PC: Every time I try to open the app, it shows the window with the logo, then crashes after a few seconds. Games and game bar still function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-does-not-open-on-pc/05ca1e20-9d59-4c78-a77e-91ce21ecd73e
  4. The windows Security app does not open :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows Security app does not open :: The windows security app doesn't open. I have tried repair and reset options in the settings. Also ran the command: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers Reset-AppxPackage in powershell as admin. Still it is not opening. It freezes at the startup as in the image...
  5. The windows Security app does not open :

The windows Security app does not open :: The windows security app doesn't open. I have tried repair and reset options in the settings. Also ran the command: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers Reset-AppxPackage in powershell as admin. Still it is not opening. It freezes at the startup as in the image...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  7. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  8. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

9. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  10. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...