Windows 10: IE 11 installed but does not start...

Discus and support IE 11 installed but does not start... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE 11 does not start up my W10; attempting to start it results in a generic event ID of 1000: Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cr00zng, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Cr00zng Win User

IE 11 installed but does not start...

IE 11 does not start up my W10; attempting to start it results in a generic event ID of 1000:

The event viewer does offer online help that asks for permission to send the information below:

IE 11 installed but does not start... [​IMG]

There's no additional information available on the Web, about this error, after granting the permission.

Couple of questions...

Isn't IE11 suppose to run on Windows 10?

The "Locale ID" in the image, is that something that had been assigned to my system at the time of installation based on the computer location, or just a generic number referring to the system, IE, etc.?

:)

Cr00zng, Jul 25, 2015

2. Internet Explorer 11 indicates installed but not found, Windows 10

You're very welcome. We are all suffering through this transition.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer 11 indicates installed but not found, Windows 10

That worked also, and I now have IE 11 browser available. As a secondary benefit, I now can access help for all the Office programs that were unavailable after I upgraded to Windows 10. Apparently the Office help files require IE to work. I had hopes
    of setting IE as the default browser, which would relieve me of the need to start IE just to access help files. Thanks for your help!!

GordonDove, Jul 25, 2015
  4. richc46 Win User

I have IE11 and it works, but it is very, very slow. Both Chrome and Edge are fast and efficient. I think that MS is trying to stop the use of IE11

richc46, Jul 26, 2015
  5. bkelley13 Win User
    I start it up by clicking on the iexplorer.exe from the file explorer path, it starts and run fine. It just has dumped the trident renderer and is using Edge inside, you can see it when you check the user agent.

bkelley13, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    If it's running for you, it doesn't really help me... *Wink

Cr00zng, Jul 27, 2015
  7. lmod Win User
    I have the same issue on what I have been calling the "Insider" build (th1_st1 10240 Professional) of W10. Apart from time stamps the "Event Viewer" info is identical.
    My "Insider" system is on a separate SSD in a machine that dual boots W8.1 and W10. (W8.1 is also on a dedicated SSD.)
    A little background.
    I was attempting to install the released version of W10 on another system using the download tool. That failed.
    I found a suggestion that the system being set to Australian English rather than US English may be the reason for the failure. So I changed language, date & time to US formats. The download tool then upgraded that system (and IE runs OK there.) My next move was to change those formats on the "Insider" build which is on a separte computer. Result, a video problem, no background, no taskbar. Ctrl, Alt, Del got me Task Manager from where I was able to run other apps, NVidia control panel among those I started. No help from anything I opened. I was able to open Control Panel and run a system restore. That got most of W10 running, but the start Button was not working, so no Start menu, etc. I didn't test IE at that stage. I had a full image I had taken on 27th July, so I restored that, which seemed to have cured all the issues I had.
    Until I decided to run IE.

I see that my upgraded system is reporting
    Your Windows build
    th1_st1 10240 Professional

Apparently the build on my "Insider" system is the same. Unless the report on the "Insider Hub' on the upgraded system is getting the info it is showing from the same source *Sad

Winver on my "Insider" system says the product is Version 10 (build 10240) and is licensed to "Windows User", On the upgraded system Winver reports all the same except that it is licensed to "my username" (the actual username.)

I hope a solution will be found.

8. AEM
    aem Win User

IE is coming to an end, or has already. A lot of time IE 11 crashes for me but Chrome and FF works fine.

9. Cr00zng Win User
    "Coming", but it's still not there... *Wink

IE doesn't crash on my W10 system, it just does not start...*Sad

Cr00zng, Jul 31, 2015
  10. IE 11 stopped working for me yesterday. (31 July) Does not start no matter where you try to access it. *Sad
    Guess it has been turned off on my computer. Firefox continues to work fine though.

robbie2745, Aug 1, 2015
  11. AEM
    aem Win User
    Did you do update install or fresh install of 10?

If update, i'd be willing to bet it had problems under 7/8 and it carried over to 10.

Try uninstall the KB that installs it and run a fresh windows updates, see if it gets picked up.

12. seatoon Win User
    I know that this thread is a little old, but I ran into the problem recently. I was able to resolve it by correcting my EMET 5.2 settings. I appears that either the win 8.1 to win 10 upgrade or a patch afterwards messed up my EMET policies. Specifically EAF was set for ixplore.exe and when I unchecked that IE 11 worked again. This was repeatable as I checked EAF and I then got the same error when trying to open IE 11.

seatoon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE 11 installed but does not start... - Similar Threads - installed does start

2. IE loads at start of windows

in Browsers and Email
    IE loads at start of windows: Hi all, I have a new strange problem. For the last 4 days, when I turn on my computer it boots fine, but it will open IE and go to my home page. I have no clue on how that happened, and don’t know where to find the setting. It is not in msconfig/startup. I also looked at...
  3. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  4. Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start

in Browsers and Email
    Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start: Hi ALL, I just got the latest major update to Win 10 Ver 1803 and when it was done everything seemed to be working well but then I discovered a problem with IE 11. Yes, I know MS is pushing Edge and IE 11 is going to be phased out but I'm still using it and up until this...
  5. Issue with IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with IE 11: Hello, I'm on build 1709 and since the upgrade I have noticed that IE 11 does not display the website icons at the beginning of the Addess Bar and before the Tabs. It just shows the standard "e" IE 11 icon. However, when I open History the webpages icons are displayed. See...
  6. Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10?: I have access issues with a legacy application running in Windows 10 and I need the functionality of either IE 10 or IE 9 (we need SSL v.3) until we upgrade. Does anyone know how I can install earlier versions of IE on Windows 10 or a work around, we tried and were not...
  7. IE 11 does not open

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 does not open: I have been using windows 10 home for a few months now but have not needed Ie 11, so have not tried to open. I now do need this browser. when I click on the icon it does not open. I get the spinning blue circle but then this goes away with no browser. Please note that I have...
  8. IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...: When I start IE11 it comes up and shows the tab for the home page but never downloads the page. I've tried changing the URL in that tab as well as opening new tabs but the result is the same -- IE 11 just sits there with a blank page and no errors. I've tried resetting it,...
  9. remove ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    remove ie 11: I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until...
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....