Windows 10: IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook

Discus and support IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In MS Outlook, most html emails (from mass marketers) have a "view in browser" link at the top of the preview pane. Recently, my Internet Explorer 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeadlineHeather, Dec 17, 2018.

1. IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook

In MS Outlook, most html emails (from mass marketers) have a "view in browser" link at the top of the preview pane. Recently, my Internet Explorer 11 is no longer able to open/view these mht files. The IE 11 browser can't seem to open the file, but if I copy and paste the URL of the mht file into WINDOWS Explorer, I am able to open and view the file. I need assistance to pinpoint a solution for this. What's occurring that's making it so IE 11 cannot view the file.
    Here's the error message I get in IE 11:

This website could not be found.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

This issue exists with ALL emails from ALL sources, where "view in browser" is an option.

Scans are clean from multiple premium anti-virus/anti-malware
    Windows 10 won't allow the "Default" app associated with mht files to be set to another browser

Windows 10 is fully up to date (Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 based Systems (KB4100347)
    I have run the "repair" troubleshooting feature on my Office 365

There are no spaces in the mht file name being generated by Outlook.

:)

HeadlineHeather, Dec 17, 2018

2. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Internet Explorer 11 MHT File Problem

This started happening to me right after KB3191492 was automatically installed on two different PCs that I have... The .mht files that IE 11 is chocking on are opened with other browsers and viewers (including older IE browsers I have on VMware virtual
    machines) with no problem... Also the .mht files IE 11 is chocking on were created and opened without incident prior to this update... IE 11 is now broken and needs to be fixed...

CarlosMTavares, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Ar Rom Win User

IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook

Internet Explorer 11 MHT File Problem

Hi,

To open .mht files, kindly click on this
    link
    and follow the steps provided by Gokul T on May 7, 2011.

Let us know how it goes.

Ar Rom, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook

1. IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook - Similar Threads - able view MHT

2. Can't View in Browser with IE from Outlook & other browsers don't work

in Browsers and Email
    Can't View in Browser with IE from Outlook & other browsers don't work: When using Outlook 2016 a lot of times it does not show my HTML email correctly so I click the "View in Browser" option embedded in Outlook and it opens IE and displays my email is an MHT file in IE. Problem is, IE has become obsolete and automatically switches to Edge which...
  3. IE issue - unable to export the report from IE 11 in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE issue - unable to export the report from IE 11 in excel: Hi all, I have an issue exporting reports from IE 11 to excel. Configuration: OS Version: Windows 10 Browser version: IE 11 Web Application: Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Workspace MS Excel version: Office 365 v 16.0 Steps to reproduce the Issue: 1. Open...
  4. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE: How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser-set-to-ff-but-outlook-2016-desktop/6528c721-0c8f-4dcd-83bb-889e2786b3b4
  5. What App to use to open a .mht file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What App to use to open a .mht file?: I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files. I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text. 134338
  6. Unable to open .mht files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .mht files: I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open .mht files, even when I am the one who saved them to this computer and on this software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-mht-files/84d6c0a5-57c4-4f60-aa68-3955f445ff4b"
  7. default app for mht files issues

default app for mht files issues: Windows isn't letting me change the default app associated with mht and mhtml files to anything but the old Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer throws an error page indicating it's unable to open the files. Basically, I cannot open mass marketing emails in a browser. How...
  8. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  9. IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded: Hello, Really hitting my head against the wall on this one. I have a PC that refuses to download any type of file using Internet Explorer 11. Things I have done: Turned off IE and renabled Reset IE back to factory (IE cannot seem to reset user customization) Reset IE...
  10. blank icon for .mht files

in Windows 10 Support
    blank icon for .mht files: Windows 10 pro, creators update, Firefox 54.0b10 & 53.0.3x64 I use the "Mozilla Archive Format" Firefox addon, which allows me to save .mht files from Firefox. The problem is the files have a "blank" where the Firefox icon should be. I remember having this problem in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outllook view in browser crash .mht

2. cannot open mht file from outlook

3. IE 11 not able to display .mht files

4. outlook open .mht files,
  5. how does outlook handle MHT files,
  6. MHT download not working in IE 11,
  7. cant preview .mht in browser,
  8. how to view MHt in windows 10,
  9. IE 11 not able to view MHT files from Outlook,
  10. not able to open mht files in IE,
  11. open mht file from outlook,