Windows 10: IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size

Discus and support IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have looked at many reports but they seem to have missed the actual issue. It is NOT that the ZOOM is wrong, the width of the WEB Page is correct but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jeb0007, Sep 25, 2018.

1. jeb0007 Win User

IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size

I have looked at many reports but they seem to have missed the actual issue. It is NOT that the ZOOM is wrong, the width of the WEB Page is correct but the height slightly over scans. ( if I adjust the ZOOM it changes the TEXT, etc sizes but NOT the overall screen size )

IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size [​IMG]

Running Windows 10 1803 and the monitor is set @ 1920x1080 which is its default setting,

As you can see, the very top is just too high.. If I double click the header task bar it resizes smaller and double click again it goes back to oversize. It wont let me drag it to the right size,,,,,, Any ideas?

Thanks

The same happends with Chrome.. Is this a Windows 10 issue?

:)

jeb0007, Sep 25, 2018
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Changed screen size

Hi,

For us to better assist with your concern on screen size, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Have you tried changing the screen resolution of your monitor?

To change the screen resolution, you can check the steps below to change your screen resolution.

• On Desktop mode, right click and choose Display settings.
    • On the right pane, click Display.
    • On Resolution, choose the recommended screen resolution for your monitor.
    • Once your done, click on Keep changes.

For more information to get the best display of your monitor, refer to this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 25, 2018
  4. De Vries Win User

Overscan on second monitor

Hello all,

For the past two weeks I've been dealing with some overscan on my second monitor, and it's quite frustrating. Everything's too wide for my screen. I use a laptop and a duplicated second monitor, but only on the latter I'm experiencing this issue.

It first occurred after messing around with the resolution of a game I was playing. After restarting the game I noticed that, although my desktop and everything else (e.g. Chrome) was messed up, except for the game. Naturally, I tried to revert the settings to whatever they were before, but the only thing that happened was that now the game is messed up too. Not that I care too much about that though, I mostly care about everything else (like my desktop), but it's odd nonetheless.

So far, I've tried adjusting my screen resolution and the scaling of text and apps in Windows, but to no avail. I did read about people having this overscan issue on TV's, but my second monitor is a PC monitor (Iiyama B2283HS-b1) and not a TV. It's connected through a VGA-cable, if that makes any difference.

Does anybody have any clue as to how to fix this?

De Vries, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size - Similar Threads - overscans Monitor screen

2. Diffent sized monitors and the different sizes of the screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diffent sized monitors and the different sizes of the screens: I have a 3440x1440 and 1920x1080 dual monitor setup and as shown in the picture have a big size difference of what's displayed on the screens, I have tried changing the magnification but it didn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated :...
  3. Fix Overscan in Windows 11/10 to Fit to Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Overscan in Windows 11/10 to Fit to Screen: [ATTACH]Many Windows 10 users are complaining of Overscanning. Overscanning is when the display of your computer is so large that it exceeds the dimensions of your monitor or TV. It can be very frustrating but not anymore. In this article, we are going to see some easy...
  4. Monitor Screen Size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Screen Size: Windows 10 downloaded automatically 2 days ago and now the screen size on my monitor has changed. I have a Samsung S24B300EL monitor that worked perfectly until the download. Now the screen when it fills the monitor is too large and some of the sidebars are missing. The...
  5. screen saver sizing on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  6. How to adjust monitor screen size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to adjust monitor screen size?: Hi! I cracked my monitor on left side. Now i want to adjust monitor size. How to do that? Image: https://imgur.com/a/1bFPRMs Regards Ales
  7. Overscan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overscan: My display driver does not allow me to adjust for overscan to make my display fit my screen. I have tried updating the driver but get nothing, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overscan/49e174bd-0bba-427a-9b8c-8bd67ec47a10
  8. Overscan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Overscan: I am running integrated graphics off of a ryzen 3 2200g connected to my tv via hdmi and inside of the radeon settings there is no option to manually scale, there is a ton of overscan and i need help. The layout and resolution is grayed out in display settings...
  9. IE 11 Menu Bar Text Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    IE 11 Menu Bar Text Size Too Small: User updated to Windows 10. She wants her menu bar text size to be larger. We tried the Tool-Internet Options-Text Size, Control +, and we tried changing the display options. All these do are change the screen items. All we want is for the Menu Bar Text Size to increase. Any...
  10. Overscan on second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Overscan on second monitor: Hello all, For the past two weeks I've been dealing with some overscan on my second monitor, and it's quite frustrating. Everything's too wide for my screen. I use a laptop and a duplicated second monitor, but only on the latter I'm experiencing this issue. It first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor screen maximizes too much IE 11