IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox

Discus and support IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft is always looking for ways to improve its browser and with growing pressure from Google Chrome and Firefox, there is no time to waste when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Sep 10, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Read more

:)

z3r010, Sep 10, 2014
  2. Pepsi100 Win User

I have IE 11 on my Win 10 desk top PC, can I download IE 12 on to my PC and will it work?

Original title: IE 11 or 12

I have IE 11 on my Win 10 desk top PC, can I download IE 12 on to my PC and will it work ?

(Is there a IE 12 out there ?)

IE 11 keeps crashing and freezing

It comes up with a message "Internet Explorer has a problem"

It tries to recover the web page, then closes down, I am left with my desk top, I have to reopen IE again

I don't want to use Google Chrome, Firefox, because I don't understand or really like them

(After all IE is a Microsoft product, I'd like to keep on using it)

Pepsi100, Sep 10, 2014
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    JoeNamco, Sep 10, 2014
  4. wakadoo Win User

make it easier to turn stuff off and on.
    don't keep nagging me about disabling add ons.
    give me the ability to lock the set home page (this goes out to all my family members that don't look at what they install and end up with a crapware homepage)
    a built in vpn/proxy.. *Biggrin
    a tick box when ie first starts that says "i want ie and please don't send me that crappy choose your browser update"...............ever.
    a button to turn web pages black and white for all those annoying users that think yellow text on a red background looks cool.
    a kill a fluffy animal button for eveytime i am asked to install taptalk

wakadoo, Sep 11, 2014
  5. Coke Robot Win User
    I want to know it it's WinRT or Win32 or both that is getting the overhaul.

Or will it even matter in 9?...

Coke Robot, Sep 11, 2014
  6. RoasterMen Win User
    I'm staying with FireFox no matter what, I don't like IE too much :S

RoasterMen, Sep 11, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I've never have been a fan of IE from the start and I've used other browsers most if not all of the time. Currently I use Firefox/Palemoon as my default and that meats my need quite well. Oh and I found that Ice-Dragon is a rather nice browser that I like to use as well.

I would use IE if it were more like one of the others I mentioned.. but for now I'll wait and see what MS comes up with for IE12.
    Jeff...

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2014
  8. paulsalter Win User

Never used to be a fan of IE until I got windows 8, but I have now moved over to fully using it and it is very nice nowadays, especially if you have another MS device as all your favourites stay in sync

Used to be fully on Chrome, but for me it started to be a RAM hog and wasn't fond of the recent changes made by Google, not used FF for about 5 years or more so don't know what this offers

I could possibly imagine a metro style IE only (for win 9), as apps will run on the desktop, but not sure if I like this idea

See what happens, but I find the UI quite nice as it is

paulsalter, Sep 11, 2014
  9. alphanumeric New Member
    *Ditto Are they talking about the Metro version or the Desktop version? I use IE just not the Metro version.

alphanumeric, Sep 11, 2014
  10. ThrashZone Win User
    From what I've read Firefox is Chrome,
    I haven't looked at the customization in Firefox so I can't comment on that end I personally haven't used Firefox or Chrome in a couple of years wasn't all that impressed then with either,

We are talking about a browser so as long as it loads a page fast and plays a video when you want it to then it's done it's basic job,

People get so freaky with browser add-ons it's really weird *Smile

ie12 :/ if it follows the same bland look of windows 8 and 11/ Chrome or what I've seen of Firefox I'll say it's a joke,
    This bland gray nonsense has to freaking stop,
    Possibly aero glass will help that a little but who said bland gray was in anyway a style or attractive *Confused

ThrashZone, Sep 11, 2014
  11. Indianatone Win User
    Ah IE. I use it twice per OS, once to download Avast or MSE and the second time to download Firefox. Google Chrome gets added with Avast usually. Firefox becomes the default. IE is left on there for emergencies but that is it.

Indianatone, Sep 12, 2014
  12. unifex Win User
    To be honest, unless you require some very special add-on, all browsers are basically the same nowadays, unless you care whether you tabs are above or below the URL line (or whatever they call it), whether they are square or rounded or any other unimportant stuff. Personally I use Pale Moon and Nightly - I want to have a 64-bit browser (yes, I know that it might not necessarily be faster and I don't care) with AdBlock on it. It's a matter of habit, I could check whether AdBlock or similar add-on exists also for the IE but why would I waste time on that? What I got now works as it should.

unifex, Sep 12, 2014
  13. Indianatone Win User

Modern Design at Microsoft

While they have this concept in place I don't thing they will change from the one colour icons and crap colour themes.

Indianatone, Sep 12, 2014
  14. lehnerus2000 Win User
    If you aren't running blockers (ad, Flash and script) the Internet is almost unusable.

The other FF/PM add-ons I can't live without are:

• Context Menu Search
    • Personal Menu (a version I modified when FF introduced the orange button)
    • Tab Mix Plus
    I take it you have no issues with Avast + FF?

On my PC, something regularly interferes with FF/PM loading which results in weird glitches:

• Add-ons not loading properly
    • No F11
    • Session Restore not working
    • Re-enabling "middle click" closes tab
    When this happens the only thing displaying any activity is Avast.

I also blame it for interfering with Process Explorer loading during login.

lehnerus2000, Sep 12, 2014
  15. Morgan Win User
    I use IE Modern most of the time. It does everything I need to do except for running Hangouts. Running Hangouts forces me into IE Desktop. So if Windows 9 let's me run Hangouts in IE Modern or if Google publishes a Hangouts Modern app, then IE Modern is all I need.

Morgan, Sep 12, 2014
Thema:

IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox - Similar Threads - overhaul blend Chrome

1. Chrome autostart with page from win10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome autostart with page from win10: A real nightmare for me. When I start Chrome after a Windows reboot, it often, but not always, opens with one tab with this URL: Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming I am sure I never visited mixer.com in my Chrome browser, but it might have shown up when Edge was run. This also...
  2. Chrome autostart with page from win10 spotlight june

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome autostart with page from win10 spotlight june: A real nightmare for me. When I start Chrome after a Windows reboot, it often, but not always, opens with one tab with this URL: Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming I am sure I never visited mixer.com in my Chrome browser, but it might have shown up when Edge was run. This also...
  3. Windows multitasking needs a serious overhaul

in Windows 10 News
    Windows multitasking needs a serious overhaul: It may have always been this way, but I really don’t recall previous versions of Windows becoming completely unusable during update downloads, virus definition updates or whatever background process decides to churn the hard drive at 99% for how ever much time it thinks it...
  4. Moving from AMD to Intel, total overhaul of system

in Windows 10 News
    Moving from AMD to Intel, total overhaul of system: Hello all, I am getting ready to move from an AMD build over to an Kaby Lake i7 7700k that I won from work *Smile I am pretty much replacing everything save my disk drives (Samsung 512GB 850 Pro and WD Black 1.5TB, 64mb cache). I had a few questions before I make all this...
  5. Patch Tuesday overhaul: Microsoft to replace security bulletin index

in Windows 10 News
    Patch Tuesday overhaul: Microsoft to replace security bulletin index: Patch Tuesday overhaul: Microsoft to replace security bulletin index with database-driven portal As of November 2016, the Security Bulletins index runs for a daunting 57 pages, with a list of updates that goes back to 2008. Each individual bulletin in turn includes...
  6. Microsoft overhauls its homepage with larger images, modern elements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft overhauls its homepage with larger images, modern elements: Over the weekend, Microsoft pushed out a new update to its homepage that now uses much larger imagery and a grid style layout. The layout, which is fully responsive, makes it easier to find the content you are looking for with a dedicated in-page navigation bar that has a...
  7. Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone: Although no details have been provided, it’s expected that the upcoming File Explorer update could bring tabs and touch support, as these are two of the most requested features in the Windows 10 Feedback app at the moment. Tab support would allow users to work with multiple...
IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox solved