Windows 10: IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot

Discus and support IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i have been dealing with this forever....... Apparently i have an update or something that makes it so after reboot, chrome and IE will launch and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vbpete01, Sep 25, 2018.

1. vbpete01 Win User

IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot

So i have been dealing with this forever.......

Apparently i have an update or something that makes it so after reboot, chrome and IE will launch and just immediately crash.

I went so far as registry hacks to turn off the awfully frustrating windows updates you can't control in windows 10. and it seemd to work for a while

but just now had to reboot and problem is back.

How do I fix it? I do a system restore point to before the reboot.

I've never gotten a solution on this forum, not that i am not grateful for the attempts at assistance. But this is getting ridiculous.

winver 1709 build 16299.371 (what genius made the winver popup that doesn't let you copy, probably the same one that wrote the update that crashes chrome and IE.

thanks!

pete

:)

vbpete01, Sep 25, 2018

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 25, 2018
  4. PEG
    peg Win User

Reboots when shutdown is complete

Hi there,

Just new to Forum was hoping someone could help me out with my problem.

When i go to shutdown on my comp it goes to shutdown then as it has finished shutting down it automatically reboots...:shadedshu

Have tried unchecking automatic restart in System Properties to no avail, have heard that a new graphics card could be a prob but not too sure about that.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks Peg

Thema:

1. IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot - Similar Threads - Chrome shutdown reboot

2. IE and Chrome issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IE and Chrome issue: Hi Team, Am unable to get sign in info Username and Password for SSO to open oracle form in Internet explorer and Chrome where the same is working in Mozilla Firefox. Brief Description: when we click on Oracle URL in IE and Chrome, we are directly getting authentication...
  3. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10: my computer reboots after shutting down with mouse...I have done the SFC/Scannow and the DISM scan both came up ok....I have changed all power/sleep settings to NEVER and I unchecked FAST START UP...Windows are updated and HP don't have any updates for this computer...
  4. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reboots after shutdown: Hello, Just after the recent update my laptop started rebooting after I shut it down, or put it to sleep. Which is not very helpful. Have taken to unplugging it and closing the lid so the battery dies. I have read about this happening since about 2017 for others and there...
  5. Chrome & IE Export Script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome & IE Export Script: I have to transition my team from Win 7 to Win 10. We have a mix of Chrome and IE. I am looking for a script that can export all of their bookmarks and passwords for both IE and Chrome ...for easy import into Chrome Only on the New Win 10 machines. Trying to avoid a lot of...
  6. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  7. IE 11 shows as Chrome 39

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 shows as Chrome 39: Hi all. What's the story behind IE 11 showing as Chrome 39? Whether or not I change to flags in IE 11, per this article, I notice that IE 11 is seen as being Chrome. Any news about why? [img] I have another Win 8.1 laptop with IE11, and it reports as IE 11 on Win...
  8. Random Reboots and System Shutdown while working on Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Reboots and System Shutdown while working on Chrome Browser: Hi Guys, I had previously started a thread in the wrong section about the computer rebooting while working on Chrome Browser (Google Drive). It usually happened after I unlocked the computer, being away for 10+ mins. After updating all the drivers, this behaviour stopped....
  9. Chrome instead IE

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome instead IE: Hi all, I have several links created with Internet Explorer. (links are Website and not Url) I now work with chrom. My question is how to ensure that these links are embarking with chrom and not internet explorer Thank you 18770
  10. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...