Windows 10: IE Certificate Propagation

Discus and support IE Certificate Propagation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Using Win10 Home v10.0.19041 unable to transfer certificate into the IE Personal store browser Dell Inspiron 7405. Using a different laptop running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CDHill57, Jan 31, 2021.

1. CDHill57 Win User

IE Certificate Propagation

Using Win10 Home v10.0.19041 unable to transfer certificate into the IE Personal store browser Dell Inspiron 7405. Using a different laptop running Win10 Pro v10.0.18363 this is not a problem Dell XPS. I've tried Chrome and Opera browsers, both are successful with importing the certification using Win10 Pro, but will not work on the Win10 Home version. I've checked that windows services running the 'Certificate Propagation' service is running, all looks good on the Win10 home laptop.

Assistance is requested in resolving this matter.

v/r

CDHill57

:)

CDHill57, Jan 31, 2021
  2. RolandGT Win User

Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service

I have a problem using a Smart Card. For some reason it doesn't propagate certificates automatically, the only way it propagates is by locking the windows screen, and unlocking again.
    I understand that propagation is done automatically only when connecting my card to the reader.
    The minidriver that is automatically downloaded and installed from Windows Update is "Athena Smartcard Solutions - SmartCard - 7.5.1.4".
    Any ideas?

RolandGT, Jan 31, 2021
  3. yoq_ Win User
    Certificate Propagation Service crashes after inserting smartcard

I have a smartcard (Austrian Citizen Card) which holds 2 certificates, one RSA and one ECC certificate. On inserting the smartcard, if the Certificate Propagation Service (CertPropSvc) is running, it will occasionally import the RSA certificate into the
    Personal store, and then crash. Often it crashes immediately, and not import any certificate. The ECC certificate has never been imported successfully so far.

Here you can find the WER report and the two certificates on the smartcard: https://beinder.at/pub/CertPropSvc_crash.zip

edit: Upon further testing, it does not seem to be a issue with these particular certificates, as it is possible to load them onto a yubikey (without private key of course, so any private key operation would fail) and from the yubikey both are immediately
    imported without any problems.

I'm using a Reiner SCT cyberJack cardreader, with current drivers:
    https://www.reiner-sct.com/support/support-anfrage/?productGroup=77304735&product=77304820&q=driver&os=Windows#choice5

But ultimately, even an incorrectly implemented driver should not cause a crash downstream in svchost.

edit2: turned out to be a a issue in the a.sign minidriver with windows 10 which is now fixed in the latest version

4. Rohit_R Win User

Certificate Propagation Service crashes after inserting smartcard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are facing issues with Certificate Propagation Service which is getting crashed after inserting the smartcard. I would like to inform you that we have a team of experts who are better aligned to resolve your issue. Please post your query
    on Technet
    forum so that it reaches the dedicated team.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. IE Certificate Propagation - Similar Threads - Certificate Propagation

2. Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id: HI .I had my personal and previous work account linked and had 4 certifications done with that MCId. I joined another organization and noticed that all my previous certifcations are not visible on my personal account which are earlier mapped to prev organization. How can I...
  3. Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id: HI .I had my personal and previous work account linked and had 4 certifications done with that MCId. I joined another organization and noticed that all my previous certifcations are not visible on my personal account which are earlier mapped to prev organization. How can I...
  4. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  5. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  6. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

7. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  8. Unwanted appis and certificates that are propagated through registry and hidden guide...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted appis and certificates that are propagated through registry and hidden guide...: Hi ,there is much about my system that is not right. When I go into the registry there are many guides, hidden keys, unknown users, page redirector protocols, partition and bios manager entries other than default, i see when i freshly download files an api-msi-wincore series...
  9. Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service: I have a problem using a Smart Card. For some reason it doesn't propagate certificates automatically, the only way it propagates is by locking the windows screen, and unlocking again. I understand that propagation is done automatically only when connecting my card to the...
  10. Certificate Propagation Service crashes after inserting smartcard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate Propagation Service crashes after inserting smartcard: I have a smartcard which holds 2 certificates, one RSA and one ECC certificate. On inserting the smartcard, if the Certificate Propagation Service (CertPropSvc) is running, it will import the RSA certificate successfully into the Personal store, and then crash. The ECC...