Windows 10: IE Edge icon - Location pls ?

Discus and support IE Edge icon - Location pls ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have enabled "Quick Launch" function on my win10 machine just like in WIn7, but am unable to put "Default Edge" icon there. Leme post pics to explain... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craige, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

IE Edge icon - Location pls ?

I have enabled "Quick Launch" function on my win10 machine just like in WIn7, but am unable to put "Default Edge" icon there. Leme post pics to explain better.

IE Edge icon - Location pls ? [​IMG]
    - Icon I want in Quick launch

- Icon I get by default (Last one)

So how I can get the icon as in 1st pic.... Even in customization icons it is not there.

:)

Craige, Aug 20, 2015

2. Win 10 - How to download mp3 file to a selected folder

Thanks Waseemulla for your reply.

With Win7 IE when you r-click a podcast icon you are given the option of "save target as..." and you can browse for the location you want to save in and edit the name of the file. I listen to talk radio podcasts (usually about 90min long) and usually there
    is a podcast icon which I would r-click and save to desired folder. I could browse for any location to save this file. I later select one of these mp3 files to listen to on my computer or load this file onto an mp3 player for on the road listening (nothing
    fancy). Now, if I use IE this still works the same (except IE very slow now). If I try the same process using Edge such option is not available. If anything gets saved, it is a gif of the podcast icon?!

I have found no info concerning downloading using Edge - such as type of file, browse for location, etc.

southisnorth, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Is there an easier way to use IE instead of Edge?

I ALWAYS use IE, but the problem is the screen will go black on me and it keeps freezing up since I installed 10 on my computer. Of course your new Edge works fine but I hate it. It is too confusing and I want my tool bar
    back on top of my screen so I can just click on it to do things. Having to constantly search for things on Edge is frustrating since I have problems with memory loss and can not remember how to locate things on this new version. BTW,, it will not let me use
    IE if I go to Edge first. It is there but it is pale grey and I can not click on it. If I try to go the long route from the start menu, and click on IE it still will not use IE even though it shows it as my search engine. I have to locate the IE icon and click
    on it. Why did your developers but a glitch in IE so we would be forced to use Edge because we got fed up with IE performance after we installed 10?

[Original title: I Hate edge]

DeborahLockley, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

I don't think it's possible, but I do see why you would want it.... it looks much better *Smile

Harpert, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Harpert Win User
    I just checked..... But the icon you want.... is exactly what it looks like with me in my quick launch
    And it has been there since I installed Windows 10

Harpert, Aug 20, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
  7. CmmTch Win User
    CmmTch, Aug 21, 2015
  8. CmmTch Win User

I just checked mine, in the taskbar the Edge icon is blue, see my taskbar snip below, in the start menu the Edge icon is now white. Wonder if something changed recently, I've had Edge on the taskbar since I upgraded Monday and it's always been blue. It's been that since it was changed to Edge from Spartan in the insider TP's.

CmmTch, Aug 21, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Always been white in Start menu, blue on taskbar since upgrade. I never unpinned it and tried to pin it again to see if like thread starter might change it. As i'm not sure of situation with them until they answer back.

jds63, Aug 21, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    My Edge, too. White on a blue tile on the Start, blue on black on the Taskbar. I also put the IE icon on the Taskbar and Start, mainly for those folks that prefer it while learning. I most use Firefox, SeaMonkey and once in awhile Torch.

Berton, Aug 21, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    I left the defaults of explorer and Edge on taskbar. Assume made it white in Start menu as all apps are and if change color scheme would be better to see them.Just don't use a blue taskbar.

jds63, Aug 21, 2015
  12. CmmTch Win User
    My taskbar is set blue, look at the snip in post #6, it's also set transparent. No problem seeing the IE and Edge icons.

I've tried using Edge for the last couple months and it just isn't right for me at this point. As it matures a bit I'll try it again, IMO it's noticeably faster than IE.

To be honest I never noticed what color any of the icons were in the start menu before I pinned them to the taskbar.

CmmTch, Aug 21, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Wasn't observant enough, as blues shade is darker and it matters by your Desktop wallpaper too. Yeah not using Edge a lot, but your right it is fast. I meant blue like default Start menu Blue and also i meant apps to the right where my Edge is also by default.

jds63, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Craige Win User
    Well guyz, there seems to be some confusion among users here - Leme clarify.

1] When I pin the Edge to the taskbar via Start -> All Apps., it is normal and default icon as in pic #1
    2] BUT, when I try to put shortcut anywhere OR in Quick Launch in my case it appears as in pic#2

So, basically I wanted same icon when creating shortcuts of Edge.

Craige, Aug 21, 2015
  15. CmmTch Win User
    You're right about some confusion Craige, I'm scratching my head a bit. I looked back at post #1, pic #2 in that post is the taskbar. I say that because the start button is the far left icon in that pic.

Look at the pic of my taskbar below,

if it is the way you want your Edge icon, try pinning yours to the taskbar and not adding it to quick launch and see if that works. You can still launch it from the taskbar by clicking but it wouldn't be associated with the quick launch toolbar.

I think adding Edge to quick launch could be the cause of the icon being white on blue instead of just blue. You might have to remove it and use the icon pinned to the taskbar and not to quick launch.

By the way I don't have the quick launch toolbar active so I can't say too much about what it might do or not do. If you haven't seen it already here's Brink's tutorial on Adding or Removing it https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html It might just be the way the icon works in the quick launch toolbar, seems like you've looked around and not found anything yet.

A work around IMO is removing the Edge shortcut from quick launch and pinning it to the taskbar.

CmmTch, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. IE Edge icon - Location pls ? - Similar Threads - Edge icon Location

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. Edge stable IE mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge stable IE mode: I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get IE mode working in the new Edge stable. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise build 1903 and I'm using the recently released Edge stable. I've followed all the steps in this guide:...
  5. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  6. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  7. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  8. Loading ie over edge

in Browsers and Email
    Loading ie over edge: Can ie 10 or 11 be loaded over edge and then set as default? My laptop came with windows 8.1 loaded and I have upgraded to windows 10 recently. I do not like the way edge functions and would like to taka step back one or two versions. I also don't like the results using the...
  9. IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls

in Browsers and Email
    IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls: I am running two PCs with Win 10 and with Internet Explorer (IE), and recently transferred my Fav folder from desktop to my laptop and they are there but all are missing their Icons. Now, I have searched all of the internet but couldn't find anything tht actually solves...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303