Windows 10: IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?

Discus and support IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well was using Windows 7 and upgraded to Win 10... and imported all of my Fav.'s along with manually taken registry file in order to maintain fav.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craige, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?

Well was using Windows 7 and upgraded to Win 10... and imported all of my Fav.'s along with manually taken registry file in order to maintain fav. order.

Now, in IE 11 - All list of websites are appearing in order as I placed in windows 7, But. in IE Edge its all jumbled.

Also, Fav bar - there is no option for icons only.

Pls anybody can assist me, so tht I can arrange my Fav list in Edge as well as per the order I saved earlier.

:)

Craige, Aug 2, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge Favorites

How do you put Favs in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge???

LarryBanksww, Aug 2, 2015
  3. How do you have Favorites in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge?

How do you have Favs in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge?

Original title: Microsoft Edge

LarryBanksww, Aug 2, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

The only way I know of is manually moving the folders and bookmarks to the order you want them. When I imported from IE things were placed differently, links were at the top, folders at the bottom. I have it set up just the opposite in IE and when I imported those into Waterfox (Mozilla's 64x browser) it stayed the way it was in IE.

Edge is going to take a little getting used to, I'm using it more often just for that reason.

But unfortunately for the time being, moving the favorites manually to how they were in IE is the only way I know of to have them in the same order. *Sad

CmmTch, Aug 3, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    I imported faves and cant even see them apart from the bar, when the little book does show its greyed out.

banger, Aug 3, 2015
  6. banger Win User
    Never mind found them in the hub. In order too.

banger, Aug 3, 2015
  7. I cant even find a option just to bring back a menu bar like on my firefox beta 64 fit or any firefox in general. i'll proably end up sticking with firefox i dont really see anything so special about edge anyway

darkschneider94, Aug 3, 2015
  8. CmmTch Win User

I just booted back into Win7 so I can't post screenshot, check settings in Edge, I believe it's the bottom choice of the pop up menu of the 3 dots at the upper right hand corner of the window. I don't remember the options available, it might be there.

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ? - Similar Threads - Edge Maintian Fav

2. unable to add websites in fav section of edge chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to add websites in fav section of edge chromium.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanishvv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzm3kx/unable_to_add_websites_in_fav_section_of_edge/
  3. IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

in Browsers and Email
    IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.: Hello everybody reading this! I am running Internet Explorer 11. When I have it open with a few tabs open in certain order from left to right (or vice versa), it doesn't always match what I see when I hover my mouse over the Internet Explorer shortcut on the task bar. If I...
  4. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  5. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  7. IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls

in Browsers and Email
    IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls: I am running two PCs with Win 10 and with Internet Explorer (IE), and recently transferred my Fav folder from desktop to my laptop and they are there but all are missing their Icons. Now, I have searched all of the internet but couldn't find anything tht actually solves...
  8. moving favs from right to left using edge

in Browsers and Email
    moving favs from right to left using edge: I have many favs on the favs bar that I like to change around. How do I do this Thanks 56825
  9. Edge Browser - Fav order not saved

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - Fav order not saved: I am on latest Win 10 official build, but I see that still if I use Edge browser and import my favs from IE… it looses all order in which I have saved them and get automatically arranged alphabet wise instead :-( Also, sites from my fav bar. Does not appear on fav bar...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303