Windows 10: IE favorites

Discus and support IE favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tinmar49, Jun 24, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

IE favorites

In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong?

:)

tinmar49, Jun 24, 2015

2. How to delete folders in favorites on the windows phone 8.1?

I moved my Favorites in windows
    8.1 tablet to OneDrive to synchronize the favorites with Windows 7
    PC.

Since then, my Favorites in IE in Windows Phone 8.1 show
    not only the content of the Favorites folder,
    but also some other folders of
    OneDrive, like Documents or Email Attachments. These folders
    are on OneDrive next to the folder
    Favorites of course as well, but not in
    the Favorites folder. Moreover, if I remove
    one of the Favorites folders on tablet,
    in the WP IE Favorites this
    folder will remain. It means, the synchronisation only add new items to the IE Favoriets on the phone, but do not remove items removed on the tablet. Folders Documents and Email Attachments, which
    obviously do not belong in IE
    Favorites and they are on tablet not included in the Favorites, should be
    deleted in the IE Favorites on the phone.

Jan Veselý, Jun 24, 2015
  3. TimSeidel Win User
    Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

A few folks have published work-around solutions to this problem. What worked for me was to open in two views the pre-November update edge favorites folder:
    %LocalAppData%/Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

and the IE favorites folder:

\Users\%User%\Favorites.

Copy your edge folder favorites into you IE favorites folder so that the IE favorites now contains the favorites you would like in edge.

Go back to MS edge and use the process to import favorites from IE. That will work to reconstruct the edge favorites.

TimSeidel, Jun 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

IE favorites

Hello tinmar,

If this is for a Microsoft account, then it sounds like your favorites are being synced back. If this is the case, then you can turn off your Web browser settings sync settings using an option in the tutorial below to stop it. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jun 24, 2015
Thema:

IE favorites

1. IE favorites - Similar Threads - favorites

2. import favorites from another browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import favorites from another browser: How do I import favorites from another browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-favorites-from-another-browser/6d2cfefb-691b-4e2a-8899-8b7873e0b8fb
  3. Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working

Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working: I have to restart Microsoft Edge just to get the arrow drop down, at the far right hand side of the favorites bar, to display other favorites. Can anyone Help?...
  4. Location of Favorites

Location of Favorites: Windows 10 where is the location of favourites list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-favorites/0923518b-15cf-42b5-a45b-08e089a3c1cb"
  5. red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer: Like others have asked, why do I have that red circle with X on my favorite folder every thing is synced properly in that folder as I have asked Geek Squad to help me sync everything since I did have at one time the problem of those pesty thumb.db files causing problems with...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  8. when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open?

when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open?: when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-attempt-to-open-my-favorites-i-get-a-blank/d6e5d11a-4026-4d2a-a140-d3dbdc596dc6"
  9. How to un-favorite something in google search bar?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to un-favorite something in google search bar?: not sure if this belongs on microsoft answers, but something i looked up that was meant to be in incognito mode wasn't and somehow was favorited, probably via a keyboard shortcut, and i dont know how to look through my favorites. With it favorited i cant delete it from my...
  10. Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank: Hi, For the last few iterations of Windows 10, I've noticed the favorites bar pull down arrow is blank. The only way to get the items back is to go into settings and turn off, then back on to "Show the favorites bar". This only lasts a short time then then items disappear...