Windows 10: IE has hijacked my page

Discus and support IE has hijacked my page in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JLastar, May 17, 2019.

1. JLastar Win User

IE has hijacked my page

Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it.

Thank you for any help.

:)

JLastar, May 17, 2019

2. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, May 17, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User

IE has hijacked my page

Microsoft Edge Hijacked by yahoo

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by Microsoft Edge hijacked by yahoo?

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Microsoft Edge?

• What are the steps have you tried?

• Since when are you facing the issue?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, May 17, 2019
Thema:

IE has hijacked my page

1. IE has hijacked my page - Similar Threads - has hijacked page

2. Web page hijacked.

in Browsers and Email
    Web page hijacked.: Just been looking at my website and found that one of the links is directing visitors to a gambling page. How could this happen. I have been running the site for about 10 years, now, without problems. My Windows version, 2004, Build 19041.630. Any advie welcome. 169137
  3. Bing wallpaper has hijacked my background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing wallpaper has hijacked my background: Hi, Over the last two years, I have been using a slideshow as the background on my laptop. Last week that changed. These beautiful Spotlight pictures have now hijacked my background. They're lovely but my slideshow is lovelier! I go to Settings > Background and select...
  4. Program has hijacked my HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program has hijacked my HDD: Alrighty so here a weird one for you. A while back my GF downloaded 'Age of Empire 1 complete v1.0c' and ever since then that's been the name of the HDD it's installed on. Weird right? Well weirder yet is the fact that despite deleting renaming the HDD, deleting the AOE...
  5. OneDrive has hijacked my Documents library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive has hijacked my Documents library: It seems that OneDrive has changed the locations of my Documents folder to c:\Users\UserID\OneDrive. I'd like to move it back to c:\Users\UserID\Documents, but am running in to roadblocks that I can't get past. I'm hoping someone can help. Here's what I've done so far:...
  6. Search on page hijack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Search on page hijack: My problem is unique. When entering in a search, web site or anything, the entry window changes to a Search on page drop down. this happens on IE, Edge and others. I need to retype my request sometinges 2-3 times to get it to search for the connection I need. Search on page...
  7. IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page: [img] Though this is related to Win 7 but I think many of you may guide me regarding this. I installed Win 7 Professional SP1 which has IE 11 bundled in it. Now whenever I open IE it will open my home page i.e google but within seconds, it will change to other page (image...
  8. IE 11 has been hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has been hijacked: I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from the task bar even though the home page is designated to be www.Bing.com I end up on a My-Search page with an annoying message...
  9. search.searchlf.com/polarity has hijacked my FireFox browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    search.searchlf.com/polarity has hijacked my FireFox browser: I downloaded an app and search.searchlf.com took over as my browser I went to my installed programs, it shows nothing installed the night it happened. Where could it be hiding on my computer, and under what other names? I also checked the registry and couldn't detect anything...
  10. My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?

in Browsers and Email
    My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?: Was surfing the web. Scanned a Zip file at VT, said it was OK. Downloaded it. Before extracting, scanned with Defender and MBAM, both said clean. Extracted & re-scanned again Defender & MBAM said clean. Opened a new browser to scan extracted folder on VT. UM.. the VT...