Windows 10: IE not working correct anymore

Discus and support IE not working correct anymore in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi guys, in Win8, later Win10, when closing the screen i was asked if i wanted to close all screens or just one. Most of the time i could not use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jeffrys, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jeffrys Win User

IE not working correct anymore

hi guys,

in Win8, later Win10, when closing the screen i was asked if i wanted to close all screens or just one.

Most of the time i could not use the back key.

But now when i close the screen (not having the possibility to go back), IE is fully closed and i have to restart it everytime.

So, am i the only one having this and if so is there a setting i have to adjust....although i did not change anything.

Just saw that i can click on the house to get a new Yahoo screen.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Nov 4, 2014

2. IE 11 keeps crashing in Windows 10

I am constantly getting the message that IE has stopped working and needs to close. This happens from several times an hour to at least a few times a day. There has to be a fix I would think. Unless they don't want us to use IE anymore. Does anyone have
    any ideas on how to correct this? IE is also very slow with clicking the links on a page.

Thanks in advance

TerriSottile, Nov 4, 2014
  3. Auto correct not working in Windows 10 Chrome

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following:

• Do you remember making any changes prior to the issue happening?
    • Is it working fine on other browsers?

Looking forward to your response.

Jericho Lap, Nov 4, 2014
  4. IE not working correct anymore

Hi
    Is this the popup your referring to,
    Clicking on the red X should cancel closing any open tabs :/
    Attachment 7909

ThrashZone, Nov 4, 2014
  5. jeffrys Win User
    Well Trash, when clicking the house i get a new Yahoo screen, so i guess this should do it.

thanks
    Jeff

jeffrys, Nov 4, 2014
  6. Hi,
    The house is your set Home page
    Is the X on the top right of the popup message not canceling the close all tabs ?
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Nov 4, 2014
  7. If not click on the Gear symbol on the top right and click on Internet Options,
    Then Tabs Button and make sure "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" is Checked,
    You can also use the Restore defaults on the bottom left,
    Attachment 7911

ThrashZone, Nov 4, 2014
  8. jeffrys Win User

thanks T,

will do so

François

jeffrys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE not working correct anymore - Similar Threads - working correct anymore

2. Your Phone App Not Working Correctly Anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App Not Working Correctly Anymore: I have been using the "Your Phone" app for some time now and have loved it. All of a sudden it no longer will display pictures sent in texts...previous pictures no longer display. Also group texts are not appearing in the "Your Phone" app. The photos from my phone do appear...
  3. Quick Assist is not working correctly anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist is not working correctly anymore: Recently my Quick Assist stopped working properly. When I click on "Assist another person" it brings up a screen asking me to put in the code like I am the one who is being assisted. I can no longer assist anybody through Quick Assist. Why is this happening and how can I...
  4. Controller not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working anymore: My Dualshock ps4 controller no longer works with my Asos laptop. It used to work on Fortnite and then something changed. I recently installed Warzone, and it didn't connect, and now it doesn't work on anything. It connects, but doesn't do anything. I have installed drivers...
  5. Pac/Wpad file not ready correctly by Edge/IE or Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pac/Wpad file not ready correctly by Edge/IE or Chrome: Hi All, We have a WPAD.dat file that has been used and works fine internally on all of our local network. But on VPN, it doesn't work correctly. We have enabled split tunneling on the firewall and when I connect to the VPN, I obtain the address on the 10.201.50.x range....
  6. Snap not functioning correctly anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap not functioning correctly anymore: When I snap a window drag it to the outer edge on screen, it is not showing/giving me the option to choose what I can snap next to it. This just started a few weeks ago and I haven't changed my "multitasking' settings at all snap windows is on and all options are checked. I...
  7. Bluetooth not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working anymore: Today I was watching something with my Bluetooth headphones connected and suddenly I wasn't hearing anything anymore. I checked Bluetooth and It said they were still connected so I tried disconnecting them. It didn't work so I turned of Bluetooth. After that I couldn't turn...
  8. Smartpad not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smartpad not working anymore: I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I have tried the following - uninstalling and reinstalling drivers - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and...
  9. edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore: since after the recent upgrade to win10, edge browser received additional addons like lastpass. i though oh great news.. however, edge has been behaving quite like IE. page loads freeze. get popup "page unresponsive" so much so, i would have to close it and use an alternative...
  10. IE on CU cannot run .exes directly anymore?!

in Browsers and Email
    IE on CU cannot run .exes directly anymore?!: This is honestly one of the main reasons I use IE... so I can run installers without having to save, open, and delete when done. (Yes, I know the Run option really just sticks them in a TEMP folder, but emphasis on TEMP, it'll get deleted on its own!) So with the...