Windows 10: IE opens in Bing Search

Discus and support IE opens in Bing Search in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure how this setting got changed. I just did a reset on my pc and I have google.com set as my webpage in IE. That will open correctly,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by skeetz, Mar 1, 2019.

1. skeetz Win User

IE opens in Bing Search

Hi,

I'm not sure how this setting got changed. I just did a reset on my
    pc and I have google.com set as my webpage in IE. That will open
    correctly, but if I open a new tab or new window it comes up looking like
    the page I have attached.

I don't know what changed that everything I open in a new tab or
    a new windows looks like this now.

Thanks

:)

skeetz, Mar 1, 2019

2. How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Remove Bing search = Yicks

The start menu suggestions are okay,
    It's when you use the enter key (which in win-7) selects the top suggestion
    In win-10 it spins you to a bing search page :/

Forum sections can be easily confused it's all good but please keep in mind help is always the main objective IE opens in Bing Search :)
    Otherwise I would've posted somewhere else less serious IE opens in Bing Search :)

Allot of people do not like Bing Desktop Search because of this very bazar default in results,
    Not that I would want to use another search engine "Google or....) either start search is in my opinion always a Local files/ programs search,
    Otherwise I would open a browser and search and then I wouldn't want to search for local files,

The only trick ie workaround seems to not use the enter key and click on the suggestions instead :/

ThrashZone, Mar 1, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

IE opens in Bing Search

What is your favorite search engine

Everyone knows how much I rail against MS. But I have to give them credit for Bing. It works the most relevant for me in my searches, and my search histories carry over to my Windowsphone.

Also, they actually list which search results were paid for to be in the top results (listing them as advertisements), unlike google, who is in litigation in EU for not being open about that shit.

rtwjunkie, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

IE opens in Bing Search

1. IE opens in Bing Search - Similar Threads - opens Bing Search

2. Search with Bing in Notepad

in Cortana
    Search with Bing in Notepad: Hi, Anyone aware of some method like registry tweaking to hide this item from the context menu of Notepad? Not a big issue, just asking to know if there's a way?...
  3. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  4. Bing Search Engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Engine: I use Bing daily in Firefox (Edge is too cantankerous for me). Since this morning, when I type something in search, the first results are obscured by the search bar. I can't scroll up any further, but can scroll down to less qualifying results. I've made no changes to my...
  5. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...
  6. the bing website opens

in Browsers and Email
    the bing website opens: I keep my home page open to msn,but when I resume it from standby the bing website opens.how can I prevent this from happening ? i use the chrome browser 47642
  7. Bing Search history problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Bing Search history problem: Hi, I am using the Edge browser. I have a problem with my Bing Search History. Even though Ive cleared my Bing Search history and set the Search History switch to OFF under Change History settings/Show my recent searches in Search history...I have checked under...
  8. Manage search & Bing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage search & Bing settings: we can manage Search setting this may have alread been discussed but i did not see it if it was , Click the search icon/or just start typing into the search box [depends on how you have your search set ] on the taskbar ,click on the 3 small lines top left of the search...
  9. Introducing Bing Visual Search

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Bing Visual Search: Over the years people have come to expect search engines to automatically detect intent and provide great search results for text queries typed into a single search box. Now Bing takes the first step to achieve the same for images. The Bing Team sets out to connect your...
  10. Remove Bing search = Yicks

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Bing search = Yicks: Well getting a taste for Bing desktop search and yes I hate it, Sure hope there's a way to get rid of the pest now or someday I've avoided it in win-7 like the plague but on the surface "no pun intended" there's no obvious way to disconnect web search from the new start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open bing search