Windows 10: IE Pop ups and crashing

Discus and support IE Pop ups and crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to help a friend that is having problems with the IE 11 and she is running Windows 10 64bit home 1607. The IE explorer tries to open the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Aug 6, 2016.

1. IE Pop ups and crashing

I am trying to help a friend that is having problems with the IE 11 and she is running Windows 10 64bit home 1607. The IE explorer tries to open the home page, msn.com and then IE keeps asking if it should allow pop ups. It does not matter what you click or how many times you click on it, eventually to stops working wanting to recover the webpage and the whole process repeats. I managed to get it to start with a webpage that I know has no popups and that works fine but when I surf to msn.com or bbc or cbc any site that has popups it still has the same problem.

I removed the IE pop-up blocking and then msn page would not finish loading plus you got a lot of other web pages one of which promises to clean your system.

Going to Microsoft Edge produces the same results. I ran Defender on her system but it found no problem. I don't know what to do, should I try installing Firefox or Chrome?

One thing I worry about is that she is in a e-mail forwarding club. Some one gets "funny e-mail with attachments" and they have to forward it to all their contacts. *cry I have my e-mail program treat all e-mail that has FW in the subject line as junk. Maybe that is why my system does not have any of these problems. *Biggrin

:)

alkaufmann, Aug 6, 2016

2. IE 11 ceased to work

I have used IE 11 on a windows 10 home machine for many months. Yesterday, the pop up saying explorer has stopped working popped up, IE crashed. I closed IE and re-opened, same pop up. Restarted machine twice and same problem. Unchecked the box in program
    settings to turn off (and uninstall) IE 11. Restarted, then went back and checked the box, restarted and opened IE 11 but it crashes (the popup box saying program has stopped working, is checking for solutions) comes up. It does this on different URls so
    it is not the website. IE 11 is the only browser in which my webbased offsite work email (outlook based) functions at its best, so I really would like to get IE back. Any ideas?

baffledguy, Aug 6, 2016
  3. VCrakeV Win User
    Microsoft Edge Streaming

Flash player was already checked. IE crashes all of the time. Chrome can stream videos, but clicking anything creates a pop up.

VCrakeV, Aug 6, 2016
  4. IE Pop ups and crashing

I think I solved my friend's problem. I told her to get out her credit card and buy the Malwarebytes anti-malware and anti-exploit. It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee so ... Anyways it found a lot of problems, 590 and removed and quarantined a lot. Both the IE and Edge seem to be working properly with no strange popups or redirections to strange demanding websites.

I told her to stop opening e-mail attachments and her response is that she only opens the attachments from people she knows. I think this Malwarebytes program is going to be very busy on her system. *Sad

alkaufmann, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

IE Pop ups and crashing

1. IE Pop ups and crashing - Similar Threads - Pop ups crashing

2. Windows Security pop-up crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security pop-up crashes: When I try to see my saved passwords in Edge browser, the Windows Security pop-up appears, but after I cancel or enter the password, it crashes and I still can't see my passwords. This doesn't happen in Opera GX....
  3. Windows Security pop-up crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security pop-up crashes: When I try to see my saved passwords in Edge browser, the Windows Security pop-up appears, but after I cancel or enter the password, it crashes and I still can't see my passwords. This doesn't happen in Opera GX....
  4. Window Applications crashing once they pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Applications crashing once they pop up: Hello.For some reason, programs like Windows Mail, System Restore, Minecraft Launcher and other apps I have tried to use over the last week or so have not been loading correctly. This has even caused my VR Headset not to be able to play games as they would load then shortly...
  5. Window Applications crashing once they pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Applications crashing once they pop up: Hello.For some reason, programs like Windows Mail, System Restore, Minecraft Launcher and other apps I have tried to use over the last week or so have not been loading correctly. This has even caused my VR Headset not to be able to play games as they would load then shortly...
  6. Stop Microsoft Edge/Pop-ups from launching automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge/Pop-ups from launching automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  7. Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up: I recently started seeing the following pop-up: "Crash Logs" "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer?" I have Windows 10 Professional and Office 365. The pop-up sometimes occurs when Outlook is...
  8. Crash Logs Pop Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash Logs Pop Up: Hi... I don't know where this is coming from: [img] As soon as I hit a key or move the mouse, it disappears. As far as I can tell, no opened programs have been affected. Everything appears to be working normally. Started a day or 2 ago. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. IE 11 Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Crashing: Hi, Hoping somebody could help me with this Happening quite often, 5 times today, very annoying I don't have alot of information other then event viewer and sfc outcome Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Event Viewer Faulting...
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....