Windows 10: IE Settings

Discus and support IE Settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; your patience is great. I have it set on maximised as you first told me and the IE icon does open correctly - not a problem. Its when I use an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Mar 3, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

IE Settings

your patience is great.

I have it set on maximised as you first told me and the IE icon does open correctly - not a problem.

Its when I use an icon eg: gmail, the IE opens in small window. This is what is so puzzling as IE is my default and yet it refuses to open links in full screen BUT the IE icon does ??

elbmek, Mar 5, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

OK. I am stumped.

Sorry about that.
    Please wait for someone with a better idea.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  3. davidhk Win User
    The maddening part is....... I have IE 11 set to open maximized, I can open any desktop shortcuts automatically maximized.

IE Settings [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  4. elbmek Win User

IE Settings

yours is doing what I want mine to do - weird!!!!

I have asked in eightforum, lets see if anyone there has an idea.

elbmek, Mar 5, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Yes. I think my suggestion is flawed. There must be a permanent solution for that.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Please let me know when you find a solution.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  7. elbmek Win User
    Looking around google I found a possible solution that I now remember was thought up when 11 first came out, or even earlier. I tried it and it works, but not in all bookmarks but up to now, a few.

Click on icon to open web site in IE if default. Then open same site again. Open it to max screen using cursor and drag, then close first link in tabs, leaving second link fully max'd. Using File and Exit, close it. Then, from then on it should open in max.

As this is an ongoing problem that has plagued IE users for many months now, surely MS can get off their backsides and fix it to open max as standard!!!!

elbmek, Mar 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

IE Settings

Not sure I prefer this workaround.
    But if it works for you, that's the only thing that matters.

Thanks for the feedback.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  9. elbmek Win User
    indeed. I mentioned earlier on that I had seen somewhere, a solution, but couldn't recall it - this was it. Just wish MS would fix it.

elbmek, Mar 8, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Probably too small a fish to fry.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  11. elbmek Win User
    any user of windows is a whale not a minnow

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE Settings

1. IE Settings - Similar Threads - Settings

2. set login timeout for organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa
  3. set login timeout for organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa
  4. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  5. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  6. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

7. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  8. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  9. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  10. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...