Windows 10: IE show "cant save page" error when saving to USB/SD-flash but save it

Discus and support IE show "cant save page" error when saving to USB/SD-flash but save it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! All works fine, just annoying stupid message bother me... When at IE11 I saving page (as html, or mht, does not matter) to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Feruman, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Feruman Win User

IE show "cant save page" error when saving to USB/SD-flash but save it

Hello!

All works fine, just annoying stupid message bother me...
    When at IE11 I saving page (as html, or mht, does not matter) to USB-flash/SD-flash - IE showing error message "Can't save page", but save it! When saving pages to local drive (M.2 SSD) - no any errors shows, all works good.

What is the problem and how to remove this erroneous error?!

:)

Feruman, Mar 1, 2018

2. Lumia 525

This will be supported in the coming WP 8.1 OS update. It is expected within 4 months from now

Paul van der Heu, Mar 1, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    Unable to save apps to SD card on HTC 8s

That update already listed on the 8.1 update.

garym123, Mar 1, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

The problem is probably that IE is trying to add some metadata that only ntfs supports, probably the zone identifier in the alternate stream that identifies the file(s) as coming from another computer.

A USB is normally Fat32 which doesn't support alternate streams. Format it to ntfs and IE can then save to the USB without error.

So it looks like the error isn't erroneous - but can safely be ignored.

Bree, Mar 1, 2018
  5. Feruman Win User
    Yes, you right! Just test NTFS flash drive - its works fine. Error occurred only at FAT32 and exFAT flash drives.
    Nevertheless I want to remove this annoying error message and beep! :\

Feruman, Mar 1, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    This is a genuine error being reported, albeit an insignificant one that doesn't affect the saved page contents.

I doubt if it possible to stop IE reporting real errors.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE show "cant save page" error when saving to USB/SD-flash but save it - Similar Threads - show cant save

2. Error when saving files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when saving files.: I recently bought a new windows 11 laptop and I am having problems with an app called LWD mobile. The app works fine, but when I try and save a file to the hard drive or in OneDrive, I get an error that the file could not be created. I can however, save the files to a USB...
  3. Error when saving files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when saving files.: I recently bought a new windows 11 laptop and I am having problems with an app called LWD mobile. The app works fine, but when I try and save a file to the hard drive or in OneDrive, I get an error that the file could not be created. I can however, save the files to a USB...
  4. Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location: Hello,I'm on a new laptop and I think this might have something to do with the OneDrive backup which I don't use on my desktop.I noticed this specifically on the desktop.When I save a document or file to the desktop it doesn't show up on the desktop immediately.However, even...
  5. Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location: Hello,I'm on a new laptop and I think this might have something to do with the OneDrive backup which I don't use on my desktop.I noticed this specifically on the desktop.When I save a document or file to the desktop it doesn't show up on the desktop immediately.However, even...
  6. Cant save on Zoombinis

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant save on Zoombinis: HiJust downloaded the Zoombinis game onto my computer for my son, unfortunately I can't work out how to save. So when we close the programme down and then relaunch it it takes us straight back to the beginning asking us for our name and no option to reload previous game.Can...
  7. Saved pages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saved pages: By taking the Microsoft edge update, will all the webpages I have bookmarked and saved carry over or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-pages/fc11a200-28ed-4319-975b-2c9e42303ee7
  8. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?: Hi, I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only...
  9. Saving a .dat file to Sd

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a .dat file to Sd: Windows 10. Surface Book. I've downloaded a .dat file to update a camera's firmware. I copy the file to SD. When I take the SD out the file disappears. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. 86097
  10. Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

in Windows 10 Support
    Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix: Has anyone come across an app like ShellFolderFix for saving window/icon positions? I previously used ShellFolderFix on Win 7. On Win 10 (multi-monitor setup), coming out of sleep, the windows are all gathers on my primary monitor instead of being distributed where I...