Windows 10: IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently done the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade form Windows 7, Windows 7 was fine but since the upgrade was free I thought I might as well... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stevec59, Dec 22, 2015.

1. stevec59 Win User

IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,
    I've recently done the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade form Windows 7, Windows 7 was fine but since the upgrade was free I thought I might as well upgrade.
    Since I've upgraded IE is very slow on all web pages, sometimes if I'm doing banking where you have the drop down boxes for Password \ Indentification they can be really slow. I can't remember what version of IE I had before but now it's 11.0.26. Could anyone please help me speed things up, I've disabled my Add Ons, That didn't make any difference.

Thanks

Steve

:)

stevec59, Dec 22, 2015
  2. savra13 Win User

Slow internet connectivity in Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Since foolishly upgrading to Windows 10 my internet speed is much slower...ie it drags, uploads very slowly, gets stuck....HELP! How do I go back to the speed I had before on Windows 8.1? I am using IE 11.....

Original title:slow speed, slow download, dragging after upgrade to windows 10

savra13, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Owen N Win User
    Poor running of browsers in win 10

I see there are some reports for win 8.

Chrome runs like a dog on my machine with win 10,

and Explorer doesn't handle infinite scrolling or web comic episode paging,

and gets very slow.

If I save a shortcut, and use that, it speeds up again for a couple of pages,

then goes slow again.

Is this a known fault?

How can I get it diagnosed?

Things sped up a little after I did a registry clean with Piriform,

and cleared the temporary files.

Update: I found a post nov 17 2015 "IE 11 runs slow..."

IE
    11 runs slow since upgrade to Window 10

I did options 1 and 2, the infinite scroll and episode paging works OK now.

Owen N, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

You're Not Alone. You could revert to IE10 as we have seen users have problems with IE11. Try System (or System & Security)/Windows Update/View Update History/Installed Updates.
    Go down the list, Find IE11 and uninstall it. Your system should revert back to the prior installed version.

Whatphoeb, Dec 23, 2015
  5. stevec59 Win User
    Thanks. tried that and it wasn't there, went Control Panel, System & Security, Program & Features, View Installed updates and it isn't listed, I did try Turn Windows Feature On or off and de-selected IE11, of course after reboot no IE, so I went to Chrome and 'Googled IE 10 for Windows 10' not much success IE 10 seems to be for Windows 7 and lower and further thoughts?

stevec59, Dec 23, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    I don't know how much different the following will make.................

In Windows 10, the default browser is Microsoft Edge.
    If you choose to use Internet Explorer ( its version is IE11), you should set it as default browser instead of Edge.
    Have you done that ?

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  7. stevec59 Win User
    Just done that, thanks, that's quicker.
    I use Yahoo as my homepage, how do I set that in edge?

stevec59, Dec 23, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Thought you chose to use IE11 as your default browser.
    Change of mind ?

Have a look at this tutorial.
    http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/se...e-edge-browser

I used that to set www.Google.ca as my home page in Edge.
    Here is the result after using the tutorial..................................

IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10 [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  9. stevec59 Win User
    Brilliant, works a treat.
    The thing that surprised me is that there isn't a 'Save' button, you just put in what you want close edge, re launch and it goes to the page you want, Yahoo in my case.
    Seems a lot faster.

Thanks all

stevec59, Dec 25, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Please kindly mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

Happy New Year.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow upgrade

2. MICROSOFT DELIBERATELY SLOW MY PC TO MAKE ME BUY UPGRADES. WHY ????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT DELIBERATELY SLOW MY PC TO MAKE ME BUY UPGRADES. WHY ????????: MICROSOFT BOMBARD ME WITH 2 IDENTICAL UPGRADE ADVERTS EVERY DAY. I HAVE "CHATTED" AND BEGGED YOU TO STOP.AS SOON AS DELETE THESE EMAILS, THEY POP RIGHT BACK UP. THEN YOU POP UP THAT YOU WILL CARRY OUT UPDATES. ANDEVERY TIME YOUR UPDATES ARE COMPLETE, MY PC EITHER FREEZES OR...
  3. MICROSOFT DELIBERATELY SLOW MY PC TO MAKE ME BUY UPGRADES. WHY ????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT DELIBERATELY SLOW MY PC TO MAKE ME BUY UPGRADES. WHY ????????: MICROSOFT BOMBARD ME WITH 2 IDENTICAL UPGRADE ADVERTS EVERY DAY. I HAVE "CHATTED" AND BEGGED YOU TO STOP.AS SOON AS DELETE THESE EMAILS, THEY POP RIGHT BACK UP. THEN YOU POP UP THAT YOU WILL CARRY OUT UPDATES. ANDEVERY TIME YOUR UPDATES ARE COMPLETE, MY PC EITHER FREEZES OR...
  4. Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade: My pc is runing slow and crashing after installing a new cpu I went from a i5 8400 to a i7 9700k I have a z730xp sli motherboard and I also updated to bios to f12 for the new cpu. After it did that I switch the cpu back to the i5 and it did the same thing it was doing with...
  5. Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade

Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade: My pc is runing slow and crashing after installing a new cpu I went from a i5 8400 to a i7 9700k I have a z730xp sli motherboard and I also updated to bios to f12 for the new cpu. After it did that I switch the cpu back to the i5 and it did the same thing it was doing with...
  6. Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Slowing programs issue after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowing programs issue after upgrading to windows 10: HiPreviously I have upgraded my windows 7 to 10, While faced many issues on my main programs which I use repeatedly Photoshop, 3Ds Max,etc. Unexpectedly, they came to be very slow in performance and were not be able to perform smoothly as they were on Windows 7.Note: This...
  8. Slowing programs issue after upgrading to windows 10

Slowing programs issue after upgrading to windows 10: HiPreviously I have upgraded my windows 7 to 10, While faced many issues on my main programs which I use repeatedly Photoshop, 3Ds Max,etc. Unexpectedly, they came to be very slow in performance and were not be able to perform smoothly as they were on Windows 7.Note: This...
  9. Slowing programs issue after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. laptop slows down and overheats after ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down and overheats after ram upgrade: hello i have the lenovo L340 i5 rh which has 8gb of ram i upgraded it to 16gb now my laptop overheats all games run at insanely low fps the drivers are updatedim running windows 11...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IE slow after win 10 upgrade