Windows 10: IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently done the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade form Windows 7, Windows 7 was fine but since the upgrade was free I thought I might as well... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stevec59, Dec 22, 2015.

1. stevec59 Win User

IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,
    I've recently done the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade form Windows 7, Windows 7 was fine but since the upgrade was free I thought I might as well upgrade.
    Since I've upgraded IE is very slow on all web pages, sometimes if I'm doing banking where you have the drop down boxes for Password \ Indentification they can be really slow. I can't remember what version of IE I had before but now it's 11.0.26. Could anyone please help me speed things up, I've disabled my Add Ons, That didn't make any difference.

Thanks

Steve

:)

stevec59, Dec 22, 2015
  2. savra13 Win User

Slow internet connectivity in Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Since foolishly upgrading to Windows 10 my internet speed is much slower...ie it drags, uploads very slowly, gets stuck....HELP! How do I go back to the speed I had before on Windows 8.1? I am using IE 11.....

Original title:slow speed, slow download, dragging after upgrade to windows 10

savra13, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Owen N Win User
    Poor running of browsers in win 10

I see there are some reports for win 8.

Chrome runs like a dog on my machine with win 10,

and Explorer doesn't handle infinite scrolling or web comic episode paging,

and gets very slow.

If I save a shortcut, and use that, it speeds up again for a couple of pages,

then goes slow again.

Is this a known fault?

How can I get it diagnosed?

Things sped up a little after I did a registry clean with Piriform,

and cleared the temporary files.

Update: I found a post nov 17 2015 "IE 11 runs slow..."

IE
    11 runs slow since upgrade to Window 10

I did options 1 and 2, the infinite scroll and episode paging works OK now.

Owen N, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

You're Not Alone. You could revert to IE10 as we have seen users have problems with IE11. Try System (or System & Security)/Windows Update/View Update History/Installed Updates.
    Go down the list, Find IE11 and uninstall it. Your system should revert back to the prior installed version.

Whatphoeb, Dec 23, 2015
  5. stevec59 Win User
    Thanks. tried that and it wasn't there, went Control Panel, System & Security, Program & Features, View Installed updates and it isn't listed, I did try Turn Windows Feature On or off and de-selected IE11, of course after reboot no IE, so I went to Chrome and 'Googled IE 10 for Windows 10' not much success IE 10 seems to be for Windows 7 and lower and further thoughts?

stevec59, Dec 23, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    I don't know how much different the following will make.................

In Windows 10, the default browser is Microsoft Edge.
    If you choose to use Internet Explorer ( its version is IE11), you should set it as default browser instead of Edge.
    Have you done that ?

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  7. stevec59 Win User
    Just done that, thanks, that's quicker.
    I use Yahoo as my homepage, how do I set that in edge?

stevec59, Dec 23, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Thought you chose to use IE11 as your default browser.
    Change of mind ?

Have a look at this tutorial.
    http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/se...e-edge-browser

I used that to set www.Google.ca as my home page in Edge.
    Here is the result after using the tutorial..................................

IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10 [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  9. stevec59 Win User
    Brilliant, works a treat.
    The thing that surprised me is that there isn't a 'Save' button, you just put in what you want close edge, re launch and it goes to the page you want, Yahoo in my case.
    Seems a lot faster.

Thanks all

stevec59, Dec 25, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Please kindly mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

Happy New Year.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow upgrade

2. Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?: I currently use a windows 10 pro dell xps 15 9550 laptop. This is my main laptop. I just did a windows 7 to windows 10 update on an old dell desktop that i have not used in a long time. Its just sitting there so i figure i update it anyways if i use it in the future. A...
  3. Slow Booting after upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Booting after upgrade: Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this system boots slower then 1803 I left.Noticed in the Task Manager lot of processes running (many new), Apps-5, Background...
  4. Slow Booting after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Booting after upgrade: Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this system boots slower then 1803 I left.Noticed in the Task Manager lot of processes running (many new), Apps-5, Background...
  5. Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade: My desktop computer has become considerably slower following the recent Win 10 upgrade. Is there any way I can disable background processes so I do not get the screen lag and slow boot up? Also, how do I check the health of my SSD and RAM?...
  6. Windows 1903 Upgrade - Constant PC crashing, unstable and slow

Windows 1903 Upgrade - Constant PC crashing, unstable and slow: Hi I recently upgraded to the 1903 update and my PC has been crashing constantly ever since. I get the blue screen of death, which appears out of nowhere with no warning - so I'm concerned about losing work. I am usually using Firefox when this happens; usually I do have...
  7. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  8. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  9. internet speed slowed right down after installing windows 10 1903 may 2019 upgrade.

internet speed slowed right down after installing windows 10 1903 may 2019 upgrade.: Everything still the same but since installing the 1903 update connection to all sites has slowed right down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-slowed-right-down-after-installing/cf6125a6-4f25-4673-adee-4da6a57daacc
  10. NFSMW Black Slow After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFSMW Black Slow After Upgrade: I have recently upgraded my HP laptop to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7. I used to have no problems playing Need For Speed Most Wanted Black v1.3 - I have put it into compatibility mode in Win 10. When I load the game it loads but it lags so bad that the game is not playable....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IE slow after win 10 upgrade