Windows 10: IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

Discus and support IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everybody reading this! I am running Internet Explorer 11. When I have it open with a few tabs open in certain order from left to right (or vice... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mrhrfister, Oct 4, 2019.

1. IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

Hello everybody reading this!

I am running Internet Explorer 11. When I have it open with a few tabs open in certain order from left to right (or vice versa), it doesn't always match what I see when I hover my mouse over the Internet Explorer shortcut on the task bar. If I open the browser and move tabs to new tab orders, the new tab order does not reflected when I hover my mouse over the IE task bar shortcut. Sometimes, they also move on their own.

I tried different settings in Settings > internet options > Advanced ...and... Settings > internet options > Tabs. When I make a modification of checking or unchecking some settings that seem to be related. It doesn't fix the problem. On the task bar settings, I don't see anything that has to do with browser shortcuts.

Does anyone know of any IE, or task bar settings that may be causing this?

Btw, I'm using OS: Windows 10

Any help or tip is greatly appreciated!

:)

mrhrfister, Oct 4, 2019

2. IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

Hello everybody reading this!

I am running Internet Explorer 11. When I have it open with a few tabs open in certain order from left to right (or vice versa), it doesn't always match what I see when I hover my mouse over the Internet Explorer shortcut on the task bar. If I open the browser and move tabs to new tab orders, the new tab order does not reflected when I hover my mouse over the IE task bar shortcut. Sometimes, they also move on their own.

I tried different settings in Settings > internet options > Advanced ...and... Settings > internet options > Tabs. When I make a modification of checking or unchecking some settings that seem to be related. It doesn't fix the problem. On the task bar settings, I don't see anything that has to do with browser shortcuts.

Does anyone know of any IE, or task bar settings that may be causing this?

Btw, I'm using OS: Windows 10

Any help or tip is greatly appreciated!

mrhrfister, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

Open tabs don't always follow the order they are in the Favorite/Bookmarks Toolbar nor in the Favorites/Bookmarks listed, most generally are in the order each is opened. For the visual display the tabs can be dragged to the position desired. This has been normal through many versions of Browsers.

Berton, Oct 4, 2019
  4. IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

1. IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar. - Similar Threads - tabs same order

2. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab: My company uses several legacy websites and I'd like to use them using the recently enable IE "mode" in Microsoft Edge. However, I cannot seem to find any guides for doing this. The YouTube video Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Mode - PRE09 is helpful in regards to...
  3. IE 11 missing tabs

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 missing tabs: I have a weird situation. When I have IE 11 with multiple tabs opened and pull one of them off to a second monitor it looses it's tabs. IE 11 never did that in Windows 7. I have another coworker whose IE does the same. Odd. What's the deal and how do I fix that? 98683
  4. IE auotstarting

in Browsers and Email
    IE auotstarting: Can someone please tell me why, when I start my computer & log into my account, the 1st thing I see is IE11 opened? Sometimes it's opened on my set homepage & sometimes on a blank page w/a notice at the bottom asking if I want to reopen my last session. What is going on?...
  5. IE help ..?

in Browsers and Email
    IE help ..?: Hi All . I have my IE turn on in program feature , but It doesn't work .. can't do anything ... Just freezed ..like nothing happens..? [img] Help please . Thanks . 53715
  6. IE reset

in Browsers and Email
    IE reset: If one were to apply this reset, would the bookmarks/passwords be restored with synch setting, or would one lose all of them? [img] 4839
  7. IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?

in Browsers and Email
    IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?: Well was using Windows 7 and upgraded to Win 10... and imported all of my Fav.'s along with manually taken registry file in order to maintain fav. order. Now, in IE 11 - All list of websites are appearing in order as I placed in windows 7, But. in IE Edge its all jumbled....
  8. Good by IE

in Browsers and Email
    Good by IE: I've been using IE for my browser for years, but now I am finally done with it. I really got tired of seeing a message that says, "Internet Explorer has stopped working and will shut down. " I always like the spell checker (IESpell) with IE, but I have discovered that you can...
  9. IE 15031 tab inquiry

in Windows 10 Support
    IE 15031 tab inquiry: I have the FAST insider preview of Windows 10 and the version of IE that goes with it (15031). The 1st tab for IE has the current site, the second tab is to create a NEW tab and the third tab is to "Open Microsoft Edge". Is the a way to remove this 3rd tab? I never intend...
  10. How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu: UPDATE: See Edwin's method in Post #4 for IE it is much easier than mine. But for other browsers use this method. Since you cannot just drag and drop a shortcut to a web site into the app menu the way I do it is to create a short cut on my desktop then copy it into the...