Windows 10: IE was removed after Windows update

Discus and support IE was removed after Windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I find out why IE was removed? I'm able to get it back, but I continue to have users creating tickets stating that they are missing IE as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ranchristian, Feb 24, 2021.

1. IE was removed after Windows update

How can I find out why IE was removed? I'm able to get it back, but I continue to have users creating tickets stating that they are missing IE as well.

submitted by /u/ranchristian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ranchristian, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Windows 10: Remove this update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that your manually remove or delete you want to stop from installing.

Please follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Check for Updates. Click on it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click View you update history, then Uninstall updates
    • Form the list, choose the update you want to uninstall.

Tell us how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 24, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

IE was removed after Windows update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond IE was removed after Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

IE was removed after Windows update

1. IE was removed after Windows update - Similar Threads - was removed update

2. How do I prevent removal of IE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent removal of IE: I have a lot of equipment that only works with IE. It requires Active-X and the probably the IE renderer. Becasue of the Active-X requirement both for legacy and even new equipment in the Security Camera field, I MUST keep IE around for occasional camera administration and do...
  3. Windows, update recovery & IE 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows, update recovery & IE 10: I an not able to do Windows updates and get this messsage - ""WindowsUpdate_80092004" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" WINDOWS"IE 11 was installed by mistake and I have Windows 7 on my labtop. How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 11 and install IE 10? Or I have know idea how to find...
  4. Windows, update recovery & IE 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows, update recovery & IE 10: I an not able to do Windows updates and get this messsage - ""WindowsUpdate_80092004" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" WINDOWS"IE 11 was installed by mistake and I have Windows 7 on my labtop. How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 11 and install IE 10? Or I have know idea how to find...
  5. Help remove edge install IE

in Browsers and Email
    Help remove edge install IE: Hello i wish to remove edge and replace by IE but when i install windows 11 it just launches edge. is there any way to completly remove it and use only IE? thanks winver 1083 182438
  6. Help remove edge install IE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help remove edge install IE: Hello i wish to remove edge and replace by IE but when i install windows 11 it just launches edge. is there any way to completly remove it and use only IE? thanks winver 1083 182438
  7. IE 10 and Pelikan virus removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IE 10 and Pelikan virus removal: I just discovered that my IE 10 has the virus Pelikan in the browser labeled as a default. I used the ALT + T , manage add ons,and found It mixed with browsers. How can I remove this ???? Thanks 123833
  8. Windows Update and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Update and IE 11: I just allowed the latest Windows 10 updates to take effect on my computer.....since the updates I can no longer access IE 11 - when I click on IE, I get a message telling me I do not have access to it. I have tried from all ways including programme files but none will access...
  9. Can't type in search and IE after update

in Browsers and Email
    Can't type in search and IE after update: Fresh install of Windows. Did the updates. After the last updates and a restart, now all of a sudden I can't type in the Search field anymore, and I also can't type in the address bar in Internet explorer. But I can type if I create a notepad, and I can type if I open the...
  10. remove ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    remove ie 11: I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until...