Windows 10: IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

Discus and support IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :( in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; . *Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mega10user, Aug 6, 2020.

1. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

*Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded and installed) and now am unable to access yahoo mail without it automatically opening edge (with IE saying this website doesn't accept IE). In IE 'tools' 'internet options' 'programs' 'manage add-ons' I see in the toolbars and extensions: 'IEToEdge BHO / Microsoft / Enabled / 32/64 bit ' WTH is this? I have no way to 'disable OR delete' this thing that IMO installed with the 2004 Ver of Win 10. I do have win 10 Home on this laptop it (reminder) just updated itself to Ver 2004 / 19041.388 . How do I get this 'redirect' add-on removed/disabled? When it redirects it says the website isn't available any more for IE (my wording) BUT my PC with win 10 Pro accesses IE yahoo email without any problems? Why is MS MAKING ME use edge when IE still is a viable browser? *Eek

*Sad PS: Edge loads far too much crapola and takes up a huge amount of bandwidth (which I have limited ability of). WAY TOO MUCH advertising/popups! *Sad

:)

mega10user, Aug 6, 2020
  2. CmmTch Win User

Yahoo email

This may not help but certainly worth a try, I've moved to Firefox, tried Edge for maybe a year, it just continued to be not ready for prime time. AFAIK you still can't set a new tab to open as the active window in the foreground. MS has made browsers for years and Edge seems amateurish and clumsy, they made this one for touch devices.

FF is most like IE which was my preferred browser. Anyway, a link to thread is below and a quote of the post within that thread with the workaround.

Yahoo no longer supports IE 11 Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :( [​IMG]

CmmTch, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Unable to open single Yahoo email to read

I can open the list of Yahoo emails in Win 10 in IE 11 but when I open any just one of the emails to read, nothing happens. The screen goes blank. The message won't load.

kahill1918, Aug 6, 2020
  4. CmmTch Win User

IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

Yahoo no longer supports IE 11

Resurrected this thread because I've found a workaround/fix for this problem, as it turns out it is a Microsoft problem. Happened to see a topic on a Yahoo Forum titled "Yahoo Mail switches to Basic view after installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update" I've posted a screen shot of the post below. I did what was suggested and it worked immediately on both computers that had this problem. Tools > Compatibility View settings uncheck "Use Microsoft compatibility lists"

Now the problem is actually resolved thanks to Arcazeon on the Yahoo Forum *Biggrin

IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :( [​IMG]

CmmTch, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

1. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :( - Similar Threads - Yahoo Email logon

2. Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  3. Edge automatically searches with yahoo. It's not my default.

in Cortana
    Edge automatically searches with yahoo. It's not my default.: Lately whenever I search on edge it automatically searches with yahoo even though my default search engine is bing. I check it, it says my default is bing and when I type in the address bar it says search with bing but then it brings me to yahoo. Nothing I've found helps and...
  4. Yahoo email acct. will not open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yahoo email acct. will not open.: Virginia Butler1 I can't open my email account. Each time I try to access it, a message appears that says my email account is experiencing a driver error. What do I need to do in order to correct this error? Thanks, Virginia 1...
  5. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  7. Edge is default but things open in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is default but things open in IE: Hi. I'm using W10 and have Edge as the default browser (I also use Chrome and Firefox). Some programs are automatically opening in Internet Explorer such as when I open Google+ photos or when software updates and shows what has changed on its website. Any ideas how to change...
  8. My Yahoo email cannot be added to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    My Yahoo email cannot be added to Edge: I try to add my Yahoo email server to Edge and it gets stuck at the function "Sinchronizing"; it goes no further. If I remove it and try again, the same thing happens again and again. Gmail, instead, was correctly added the first time. Thanks for any help. 68272
  9. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?: Hello! I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How to I go about this? I've checked in the settings, but it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. MY IE doesn't function...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303