Windows 10: IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon?

Discus and support IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can I HIDE the Amazon 1Button icon in IE11 without uninstalling the app? I have a shortcut on my desktop but don't want it in my IE11 Frame...... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dacrone, Aug 29, 2016.

1. dacrone Win User

IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon?

Can I HIDE the Amazon 1Button icon in IE11 without uninstalling the app? I have a shortcut on my desktop but don't want it in my IE11 Frame...

IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon? [​IMG]

*Update* - I have resolved this. For some reason, after restarting my machine (multiple times) the .dll files for the browser extension appeared under the program files folder. I simply moved them to a .zip (in case I wanted to restore them) and it now works on my taskbar and does not appear in IE... Just thought i'd post this in case anyone else had the same question. Not sure why the .dll files didn't appear in program files immediately, but nevertheless..

:)

dacrone, Aug 29, 2016

2. Problems resintalling Realtek Audio following uninstall

Did you intentionally install the Amazon 1Button App? [I suspect not and it came preinstalled/bundled on the Win8.1 computer, along with a lot of other bloatware (e.g., the McAfee free-trial).]

Did you have MBAM quarantine the detection?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cf, How to uninstall the Amazon 1Button App and Amazon Smart Search:

https://www.distromatic.com/uninstall/amazon/en...

cf.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60188...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 29, 2016
  3. unwanted app

How can I get the amazon 1button app off of my computer it comes with windows and cannot be removed in control panel

AntigonexlHamlet, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon?

1. IE11 Amazon 1Button App Hide Icon? - Similar Threads - IE11 Amazon 1Button

2. AMAZON SHOPPING APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AMAZON SHOPPING APP: I recently got my hp laptop envy reformatted... so i think the preloaded apps also get deleted in this process....I have downloaded all the necessary apps but the only app i cant find is the amazon shopping app... not amazon appstore, the amazon shopping app! I am talking...
  3. Amazon App Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amazon App Store: One of the Selling points proudly pointed out when Windows 11 were announced was the ability to install Android Apps via the App Store! With this in mind, I bought myself a brand new Surface Go to allow me to consolidate my old laptop and Android tablet into one.Low and...
  4. Amazon App Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amazon App Store: One of the Selling points proudly pointed out when Windows 11 were announced was the ability to install Android Apps via the App Store! With this in mind, I bought myself a brand new Surface Go to allow me to consolidate my old laptop and Android tablet into one.Low and...
  5. amazon icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    amazon icon: How can i put an amazon icon in the taskbar of my laptop? I don't have the app. Do i need to download the app which i don't need or want to have the icon? I don't want it on the desktop My computer that died had the icon in the taskbar when i bought it It must have been...
  6. hiding desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  7. Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App: Hello: We have a problem getting this Amazon 1Button App off the computer. Settings DOES NOT HAVE AN UNINSTALL AND NEITHER DOES THE CONTROL PANEL. WE ARE TRYING TO UNINSTALL IT. WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO. ITS ON A TOSHIBA LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10. HAD TO RESET...
  8. amazon music app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amazon music app: I am trying to download the above app it seems to be stuck in pending circle going around as if downloading but nothing happening for quite some time any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-music-app/8df92059-a955-4099-92a7-91408be0a727
  9. That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU

in Browsers and Email
    That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU: Has anyone figured a way to turn this crap off? [img] Yes, I know that Edge is Microsoft's "preferred" browser. No, I'm not interested. I need IE for work purposes because of legacy ActiveX components, so that annoying icon does no good. I'm trying to get the new...
  10. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419