Windows 10: IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update

Discus and support IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was doing reasonably well with Windows 10 after doing a clean installation. There have been some problems with third-party software, but that's not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cpmusic, Jan 2, 2016.

1. cpmusic Win User

IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update

I was doing reasonably well with Windows 10 after doing a clean installation. There have been some problems with third-party software, but that's not entirely unexpected.

However, since the 1511 update, IE11 and Chrome don't work very well. Chrome is slow and won't load some images, and IE11 often won't even load a page.

(To answer what is probably an obvious question, Edge has no trouble loading pages and does so quickly. However, it keeps downloading some kind of adware from various sites without permission, and that's unacceptable.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

cpmusic, Jan 2, 2016

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

I am experiencing slow performance in IE11 and Edge as well. Performance was not this way prior to installation of update 1511 and I don't like the "screen saver" page after the computer Sleeps, nor do I like the Sign In screen after the screen saver page.
    Wasn't this way prior to update 1511 that supposedly saved all my setting. That's what the screen said during/after the update installation. While typing this, the computer could not keep up and I'm not a speed typer. Performance was definitely degraded
    by update 1511 IMO. I don't not have browsers other than IE11 and Edge installed on my computer.

Thank you for continuing to work with me on this.

uthorns1976, Jan 2, 2016
  3. MightyOne Win User
    Flash Player on Windows 10 Anniversary Not Working.

As per title, not working in IE11, Edge or Chrome after the update.

Thanks

Trevor

MightyOne, Jan 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Reinstalling those two, specially Chrome can help a lot. Some even report that Chrome wouldn't work at all after that update.

CountMike, Jan 2, 2016
  5. cpmusic Win User
    D'oh! I don't know why I didn't think of uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. I just did that and already it seems to run better. Time will tell how well it does down the road, but I'm encouraged.

But how do you uninstall and reinstall IE11? I know how to turn it off, but I don't think that uninstalls it.

cpmusic, Jan 2, 2016
  6. cpmusic Win User
    Ah -- I found out that turning off IE11 uninstalls it, and re-checking it reinstalls it.

EDIT: It seems there's another problem with the software I'm using, which its makers are working on. The problem revolves around an update to Flash that came with update KB3132372. Deleting that update solves this particular problem for now.

cpmusic, Jan 3, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Perhaps just a minor point..........................
    have you set IE11 as your default browser ?

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  8. cpmusic Win User

It is. I've had Chrome as my default for a few reasons, but it also has some problems.

cpmusic, Jan 3, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    See if reset IE11 will help.....................

Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset....

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update - Similar Threads - IE11 Chrome don't

2. Programs don't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs don't work after update: Firealpaca and other art programs don't work after windows update. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-dont-work-after-update/78474ce8-7726-485a-9b83-8bb3d98a72d0
  3. windows update not working (version 1511)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update not working (version 1511): I am trying to update, but when it gets to installing update it gets stuck at 13% and after awhile it shows error code 0x800705b4. I have a HP Convertible x360 with an Intel Celeron CPU...
  4. IE11 opens, will not work

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 opens, will not work: Open IE 11 in Win 10, get this msg; This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This posses a security risk. Do you want to continue? I deactivated it, reactivated, and shut down security, reduced to lowest lvl, but still get the same issues....
  5. Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511: I notice an unpleasant GUI-level change that appears after the upgrate to 1511. The issue seem to exist on all machines after 1511 upgrade. Firstly, Google Chrome shortcut pinned to Start Menu now appears on dark gray tile, instead of the regular "color accent" tile. Is...
  6. OMG I don't believe it! 1511 ==> 1607 finally worked!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OMG I don't believe it! 1511 ==> 1607 finally worked!: I had tried so many times to install the Anniv. Update and got a failure each time I gave up on it months ago. But tonight it installed OK. So I am now on 1607 Build 14393.693. I presume that's good - I gave up following updates quite a while ago. My Update History says I...
  7. Bug after 1511 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bug after 1511 update: Ihave a dell inspiron 620s computer. AfterWindows 10 1511 big update, icons rearrange to left whenever computerwake up from sleep. It's a matter of driver? If it is, where can Ifind it? I scanned at Intel and it said that no driver needed. Graphiccard: AMD Radeon HD 6450...
  8. After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session: I have a Surface 3 Pro with 2 external monitors hooked up using StarTech USB VGA adapters. Since the update, my mouse does not show up on my remote Windows Server 2008 R2 VM's when the Remote Desktop window is on one of the external monitors (works on the Surface Screen). The...
  9. SD card reader not working after 10586 1511 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card reader not working after 10586 1511 update: My HP laptop automatically got a new update today. Took almost 35 minutes to get it done. So far the only thing not working is my SD Card Reader. Anyone have any suggestions to get it working, I use it a lot! Hp was originally windows 7 and first windows 10 update was several...
  10. Problem after update to Windows 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after update to Windows 1511: After the update, Occasionally the window button that gets me to All Apps, Power, Settings and File explorer does not work. Neither does clicking on the Action Center Icon in the SYS Tray. To correct the problem I have to reboot. Any ideas on what's wrong? I can access all...