Windows 10: IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

Discus and support IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks. Favorites have become inaccessible... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DavidDubya, Aug 19, 2015.

1. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks.

Favorites have become inaccessible during the process of Organizing Favorites. My IE Favorites were on OneDrive long before upgrading to Windows 10. I have used IE11 in Windows 10 for 2 weeks. Since using Organize Favorites in one sub-folder the IE Favorites I see in the Favorites menu are no longer what is on OneDrive.

Clicking on Favorites in the Menu Bar I see only the one folder I Organized, with one sub-folder, and the sub-folder is empty. Clicking on Organize Favorites, I see all of the Favorites I expect to see, with the one folder I had previously Organized at the top of the list, sorted out of alphabetic sequence. If I look at Favorites on OneDrive they look normal. If I look at this Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Favorites

the data in that key points to the OneDrive Favorites folder as expected. The IE11 Favorites Bar is visible and active even though the Favorites menu is hosed.

One more piece of weirdness - clicking on the star icon in the upper right corner (View Favorites, feed and history) results in the correct display of Favorites. So Favorites accessed by the star icon and by Organize Favorites (under Favorites in the Menu Bar) are displayed correctly, but clicking on Favorites in the Menu Bar results in a useless display.

Edit added - I turned IE11 off in Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off. After a required restart I turned IE11 back on. No help - Favorites displayed in the Menu Bar are incorrect. Hmmm.

How can I reset Favorites in the Menu Bar to show the contents of the Favorites folder on OneDrive?

:)

DavidDubya, Aug 19, 2015
  2. DavidDubya, Aug 19, 2015
  3. IE Favorites in Menu Bar displayed incorrectly - IE11, W10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/customize-internet-explorer-toolbars#1TC=windows-7

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 19, 2015
  4. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

An interesting test result. I remembered I had a second user on this PC before I upgraded to W10. I switched users and went through the W10 startup process. Under the second user, the Favorites are displayed correctly in the Menu Bar. I'm not sure what that tells me, but it's a new fact to add.

DavidDubya, Aug 19, 2015
  5. ggwhc Win User
    Just thought I would let you know I have the same issue, very frustrating that we haven't found a resolution. I can tell you it works fine when I rebuild my user profile though, a lot of work to go thru just get back to the way it should be. Definitely has something to do with the Windows 10 upgrade, a clean install of 10 from scratch, then repointing my favorites to Dropbox doesn't cause the problem.
    Anyway, thanks for posting this, at least I know I'm not alone with this problem.

ggwhc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

1. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly - Similar Threads - IE11 Favorites Menu

2. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  3. Cannot Increase the menu bar and favorites bar in the new Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Increase the menu bar and favorites bar in the new Edge.: I am thinking of switching from Firefox to the new Edge but have run into show stopper. The fonts in the Menu and Favorites bar are much to small for these octogenarian eyes and I can find no way to increase their size. Settings/Appearance allows me to select such things as...
  4. Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly: Recently, my menu bars became large, and so the pop-up menu when right-clicking. This affects applications like Command Prompt, Disk Cleanup, Notepad, Documents, File Explorer, Calculator, Task Manager, etc. I don't see this issue in web browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge,...
  5. Text size on menu bar and favorite's bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size on menu bar and favorite's bar: The text size is very tiny. How do I enlarge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/text-size-on-menu-bar-and-favorites-bar/18079f05-fded-431a-b58a-beee327cf147
  6. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  7. IE11 favorites issue

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 favorites issue: I deleted the favorites folder in Users/me,,,to created a new one ,it did create the new favorites folder but it will now not let me save any favorites ,or i replaced the new folder with the old backed up one ,and it will not show the favorites even though they are in the...
  8. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  9. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    sync favorites-IE11 in win 10: hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added gone!!i can't sync favoritew in IE11 with win 10?also in IE11 the option ''import from another browser'' is disable.any help...
  10. Copy Favorites from XP to 10 / Menu Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Copy Favorites from XP to 10 / Menu Bar: Friend of mine decided he'd finally ditch his old XP tower and go to Windows 10. He got a Dell 8.1 that we upgraded to 10 Home Premium. I told him I'd get his IE8 Favorites off the old tower, so I copied them to a flash drive, and copied them to C:\Users\(user...