Windows 10: IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data

Discus and support IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem : IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data. Situation : All drivers and BIOS updated. Memory checked with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steven Stanley Bayes, Feb 10, 2019.

1. IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data

Problem : IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data.

Situation : All drivers and BIOS updated. Memory checked with Windows memory test and perfectly OK.

Best Performance : Windows virtual memory switched off.

Brief Description : Everything works OK. I have set up IE11 to clear ALL browsing data upon exit. Worked OK before. Now, IE11 seems to clear the browsing data upon exit. Gives the mouse wheel which indicates still working. However, after around 5 seconds, the PC freezes without any blue screens. Only the mouse works. PC must be switched off with the power button.

Solution : Unable to solve the problem. Use the other browsers. Edge seems to work OK.

:)

Steven Stanley Bayes, Feb 10, 2019

2. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Feb 10, 2019
  3. zapd Win User
    How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

This does not work. I get this "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again." Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.218)

4. Vonnjy Win User

IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

One step missing:

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • **Settings
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear

Vonnjy, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data

1. IE11 freezes the PC 5 seconds after exit and clearing browsing data - Similar Threads - IE11 freezes seconds

2. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  3. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  4. How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit: [ATTACH]If you want to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit, here is how you can do that. You can automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit via Chrome’s Settings panel, or you can set things up with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry...
  5. PC freezing after exiting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing after exiting games: Hello, I recently have been having issues with my PC freezing when exiting games. It doesnt feeeze everytime i exit a game but it freezes about once or twice a day depending on how much time i have to play. At the suggestion of windows support i've already run system file...
  6. Problems clearing browsing data - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems clearing browsing data - Windows 10: [ATTACH] You'll see from the above snip that I've set this to "Always clear this when I close the browser" but it never does. I've lived with it until now but it's just caused me some problems. Am I missing something? What can I do to make it work please? If this is...
  7. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  8. windows 10 freezing after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freezing after 5 seconds: i have just installed windows 10 on my computer and after about 5mins to 10 seconds it freezes and i even left it over night and it was still doing it i have no time or opportunity to do anything and it baffles me as it is a fresh install computer specs: H110 gigabyte...
  9. Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and...
  10. Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i open to many things my pc freezes for 10 seconds or so 8700k