Windows 10: IE11 keeps crashing

Discus and support IE11 keeps crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE11 keeps crashing on my laptop running WIN 10. This happens almost daily, sometimes twice daily. I don't recall having this issue with WIN 8. Is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Daveb, May 23, 2016.

1. Daveb Win User

IE11 keeps crashing

IE11 keeps crashing on my laptop running WIN 10. This happens almost daily, sometimes twice daily. I don't recall having this issue with WIN 8. Is there something in WIN 10 that causes this or is it perhaps caused by another app? I've considered switching to a different browser, like Firefox, but I have heard negatives about those as well. Any advice?

:)

Daveb, May 23, 2016

2. IE 11 keeps crashing

IE11 keeps crashing

windows 10

DaveHerbertfl, May 23, 2016
  3. How to reinstall/reset Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10?

I'm having the same issue with IE11 on Windows 10 system.

If the power user is logged on, IE11 keeps crashing.

If I log on as an administrator, IE11 works without any issues.

Also, not problems with FireFox or Chrome for power users.

I need a fix for IE11, due to some in-house software that needs to run on IE11~! Turning the feature on/off doesn't help at all and Edge is NOT an option.

Why have you made it almost impossible for IT the ability to fix the problem.

Judi Stevens, May 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

IE11 keeps crashing

Open IE 11 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab at he top > click Reset button > follow the prompts.

davidhk, May 23, 2016
  5. Daveb Win User
    That seemed to work. IE is a lot faster now and hasn't crashed yet. The only downside is that I lost my Pinterest Pin-It pin and for some reason it won't reinstall.

Daveb, May 24, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    That I cannot help. Sorry.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE11 keeps crashing

1. IE11 keeps crashing - Similar Threads - IE11 keeps crashing

2. IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button: I have a little issue with a web up that opens in IE11. It works when the "thing" is installed on local pc (little installer that creates an icon on desktop pointing to Internal WebServer providing the app). 1. in app list of names is presented. To quickly find the data for...
  3. IE11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/b33fc2b1-98da-45ba-b3af-ccd2a9a53d70
  4. IE11

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE11: where is IE11 on my PC? cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/25759eaa-d976-4be1-88d6-9ae0a057782f
  5. IE11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE11: I went to Bonaire and tried to open Pandora on my laptop, got an error message "Pandora is not available in your area" now that i'm home I'm getting the same error message. I tried reseting IE11 it worked once and now it dosent....
  6. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  7. IE11 and PayPal

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 and PayPal: I was placing an order using IE11 under Windows 10. When I clicked on the link to use PayPal, the tab changed the name and the circle spun and then the screen stayed where it was. I tried several times with the same results. I switched over to Firefox (my default browser...
  8. IE11 and submenues

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 and submenues: Hi ... Pardon me, I have searched, but in vain. Hope this is the right forum. I run Windows 10 and IE11. There is, however, one problem. The submenus in my favorites bar, is appearing on the left side of the first drop down menu. How can I get them back to the right...
  9. IE11 Problem...

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Problem...: OK, here's a strange one: Upgrade my wife's machine from 7 to 10. Upgrade seems to go perfectly. Enable Administrator account (because we ALL log in as administrator around here, it's just easier) and all her settings, etc. are there... ...EXCEPT, when I run IE11, the...
  10. IE11 Issue

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Issue: Need a little help. When I go on MSN, IE11 shows gray boxes where pictures go. It seems to to be only happening on my account. I created another user account, and IE11 displays properly on MSN. Also, Store will not open on my account but opens on the newly created...