Windows 10: IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default

Discus and support IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In W10, IE11 the "Read Mail" button in the command bar does not launch the default email client. In the default programs my email program "The Bat!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by microsvc, Jan 2, 2019.

1. microsvc Win User

IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default

In W10, IE11 the "Read Mail" button in the command bar does not launch the default email client. In the default programs my email program "The Bat! from Ritlabs" is set to be the default in settings.

Yes, I'm using IE11 for now and would like this feature to work.

Bob

:)

microsvc, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Favorite & Command Bar not showng even though they are ticked

Hi,

The Internet Explorer 11 provides a user interface which helps users to focus on the content of the page rather than the browser itself, hence hiding the Favorites Bar, Command Bar, Menu Bar, and Status Bar. To turn the toolbars back on, we suggest that
    you follow these steps:

• In IE11, press ALT + V to show the
      View
      menu.
    • Press T on your keyboard to enter the Toolbars
      menu, and then press:
      • C key to turn on the Command Bar
      • F key to turn on the Favorites Bar
      • S key to turn on the Status Bar
    Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Jan 2, 2019
  3. IE11 - No Tabs, No Favorites Bar

My Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 has gone very strange.

• I have no Favorites Bar; I know how to toggle it on and off, but it will not come back
      • my Favorites are still there in the Favorites Menu bar tab (Menu Bar and Status Bar appears to be the
        only Bars I can turn on and off)
    • I have only one Tab, and can't see any others - even thought they are there somewhere - as the Taskbar Icon preview shows.

Steps I have taken to fix this:

• restored Advanced Settings via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • reset IE11 settings completely via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • removed IE11 completely via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot
    • reinstall IE11 via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot

None of these steps made any difference.

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

NeilCameron1215, Jan 2, 2019
  4. brummyfan Win User

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default - Similar Threads - IE11 Read Mail

2. Windows 10: Command line apps will soon launch in Terminal by default

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Command line apps will soon launch in Terminal by default: Windows Terminal has been around for a while now and it basically allows users to create multiple tabs for different command-line tools on Windows 10. For example, you can use Terminal to access the Command Prompt or PowerShell at the same time and switch between the tools...
  3. Can the mail preview appear on the reading pane always by default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can the mail preview appear on the reading pane always by default?: When I switch accounts, I see a default picture on the reading pane, as you can see on the attached screenshot. Could I see the corresponding email preview by default instead of the default picture? [ATTACH]...
  4. IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default: In W10, IE11 the "Read Mail" button in the command bar does not launch the default email client. In the default programs my email program "The Bat! from Ritlabs" is set to be the default in settings. Yes, I'm using IE11 for now and would like this feature to work. Bob 124539
  5. How to move command bar - IE11

in Browsers and Email
    How to move command bar - IE11: Is it possible to move the command bar? When I click at the extreme left, I get a 4 pointed arrow which suggest I can move it, but it will not (yes I have unlocked it!). Can't see any help in the forum already. Thanks 43335
  6. IE11 address bar suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 address bar suggestions: I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and...
  7. I searched Internet for reading view on IE11

in Browsers and Email
    I searched Internet for reading view on IE11: I searched Internet for reading view on IE11. It says it has it but I can't see it. As I have found IE11 to be faster than chrome and Firefox. Does it have it? And if it does how do I enable it? 28821
  8. A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10

in Browsers and Email
    A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10: Hi there This post might be a bit "Geeky" so skip if you aren't interested. I downloaded a FREE Laptop trial version of SAP (a great learning tool for perhaps one of the largest ERP companies out there) to test and learn a bit about the programming language used by SAP...
  9. IE11 - Make Default

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 - Make Default: How Can I make IE11 the default please? I have to do this by pressing the option button in edge (...) each time. Help for this old duffer appreciated. 81523
  10. IE11 default orientation of menus

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 default orientation of menus: Hi ... I hope this is the right section. Please have me excused, if not. I run Win10, but use IE11 as default browser. The problem is that the menus appear to the left, and not the right. I have searched the net and my settings for a solution, but I could not find any....