Windows 10: IE11 sometimes won't open with Windows 10

Discus and support IE11 sometimes won't open with Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Newbie here having an intermittent problem with IE11. Coupla' times a day I have to restart Windows 10 because I can't get it to open IE11. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by paris1, Mar 14, 2016.

1. paris1 Win User

IE11 sometimes won't open with Windows 10

Newbie here having an intermittent problem with IE11. Coupla' times a day I have to restart
    Windows 10 because I can't get it to open IE11. Sometimes it's when I click on a link in an email, sometimes just clicking on the Explorer icon the basic framework of IE11 comes up, but with no URL and it refuses to take a URL. So I restart everything and it works fine. What's the problem here?

:)

paris1, Mar 14, 2016

2. IE11 in WIndows 10

Hi

I need IE11 to run banking software (not compatible with Edge or firefox) and it won't open on my win 10 surface pro 3. I want to upgrade my PC to win 10 but can't until I'm sure I will be able to use IE11 to do banking. I've followed the "What if IE11
    won't run" instructions from thte Microsoft support site to no avail.

Can anyone help? WHen I click on the icon nothing happens. Sometimes I get a timer that then just disappears.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

AndrewFletcherUK, Mar 14, 2016
  3. hkk46 Win User
    Programs Minimize in windows 10 - won't maximize

Just installed windows 10 and Control Panel and IE11 when opened auto minimize and won't maximize - help>

hkk46, Mar 14, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

No guarantees. Do a browser cache cleanup. If that does not help, then do a Reset of IE11.

Browser cache cleanup :
    Open Ie11 > at the top, Tolls < Internet Options > at Browser history, click Delete > make sure the top 4 items are checked > click delete again > click OK when done.

IE 11 Reset :
    Back to Internet Options > at the top, click Advanced tab > at the bottom, click Reset > follow the prompts.......

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Edwin009 Win User
    Hello,

Apart from suggestions given by David, try disabling 3rd party add-ons. To do that, Click on Tools in IE11 - Internet Options - Advanced - Uncheck "Enable 3rd party browser extension" - Click Apply and Click on OK. Apart from that, if you have a security software installed, run a full virus scan. Also ensure that all the updates for IE are installed.
    All the best.

-Edwin.

Edwin009, Mar 14, 2016
  6. paris1 Win User
    So far the browser cache cleanup seems to be working, but I will try the IE11 reset if the problem reoccurs. What exactly does disabling 3rd party add-ons do Edwin?

paris1, Mar 15, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Run it for a few days.
    If no issues, then come back to this thread and mark it as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE11 sometimes won't open with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - IE11 sometimes won't

2. Windows 10 programs sometimes won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 programs sometimes won't start: Hello,I have this weird issue every now and then. I try to start a program by clicking on its icon and then nothing happens. Then I check the task manager and find that the process is labeled as "Interrupted". When this happens, if I try to launch some other software, the...
  3. Windows 10 programs sometimes won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs sometimes won't start: Hello,I have this weird issue every now and then. I try to start a program by clicking on its icon and then nothing happens. Then I check the task manager and find that the process is labeled as "Interrupted". When this happens, if I try to launch some other software, the...
  4. Windows 10 programs sometimes won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firefox won't open sometimes

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't open sometimes: Hi All, Windows 1809 has gone weird on Firefox sometimes and displays a popup window stating "Can't open this item" I always have my browsers pinned to the taskbar and every so often when I click on the firefox icon on taskbar i get a popup window. I am attaching a pic....
  6. Windows 10 sometimes won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sometimes won't boot: I have an Asus GL502VM laptop with dual boot (Ubuntu and W10). When I turn on the pc it shows Ubuntu's GRUB, where I choose to boot W10. The problem is the following, one time it boots properly and the following it doesn't. When it doesn't boot it shows the monitor on, but...
  7. IE11 Opening Location will not stick.

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Opening Location will not stick.: Is there a hint on how to keep my IE11 each time I open it from opening in the centre of my 24" screen. I have tried repositioning it and shutting down using the Red X but the next time I open it comes back to the centre. I have tried repositioning it and clicking File>Exit...
  8. IE11 in Windows 10 builds

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 in Windows 10 builds: Is it possible to run IE11 in windows 10 builds greater than 10049? 5634
  9. IE11 opens, will not work

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 opens, will not work: Open IE 11 in Win 10, get this msg; This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This posses a security risk. Do you want to continue? I deactivated it, reactivated, and shut down security, reduced to lowest lvl, but still get the same issues....
  10. Flash Player won't Run in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Flash Player won't Run in IE11: For the last day or so, I have not been able to get Flash Player to run in IE11 on Windows 10 x64 build 10586.164 The message below appears at the bottom of the any web page that uses flash, but when I click "Allow" or "Allow for all Websites" nothing happens and the...