Windows 10: IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc)

Discus and support IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks Running latest SAP software (SAP GUI 7.50 and SAP base system 7.52) Net requests still default to IE11 as the default browser. [img]... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jan 16, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc)

Hi folks
    Running latest SAP software (SAP GUI 7.50 and SAP base system 7.52) Net requests still default to IE11 as the default browser.

IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc) [​IMG]

There's a way to "Zap" the SAP GUI Front end service caller to use Firefox / Chrome but this is beyond a "Normal Developers" remit and has to be done each time you logon to the system.

I don't think your SAP Basis team would be too amused though but it does work properly !!!.

Here's edge being used.

IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc) [​IMG]

I'm sure other people use client's software which access IE11 as well so wouldn't it be great if these people co-operated with Ms to ensure the Windows front ends that used Internet services were "Browser Neutral".

Mind you at least the thing ran on W10 !!!! (latest 1809 not the insider builds)

I think I'm getting too old for hacking around with this stuff though !!!!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 16, 2019

2. IE 11 Crash in SAP Webinterface

Since we have already tried basic steps and the issue still persists, we recommend that you post your inquiry to

Microsoft TechNet
    forum for more advanced troubleshooting.

We also suggest that you contact the web interface developer and clarify with them if there is any known compatibility issue with Internet Explorer 11.

Best regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 16, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

SAP users --Good news SAP GUI (7.40) WORKS with Windows 10 build 10240

Hi there

Mega good news for SAP users - SAP GUI 7.40 runs just fine in Windows 10 build 10240 -- I couldn't get SAP GUI to work with Windows 8 / 8.1 at all. The GUI worked but Logon failed. Now LOGON works just fine wherever the SAP DB / Servers are installed

Now no problem.

Bye Bye Win 7. That was the ONLY reason I still kept W7. XP is another matter I have a lot of legacy hardware that only runs on XP which I'm not changing for all sorts of reasons.

Finally SAP users --welcome to 21st century. Now to see if Web dynpro will use EDGE. However IE11 is still available.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc) - Similar Threads - IE11 still possible

2. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  3. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  4. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel: Hi folks I hate this but loads of sites seem to have that irritating Twitter,.Facebook etc sidepanel - and sometimes it annoyingly covers parts of text one is trying to read. Is there anyway to disable it or at least move the wretched thing out of the way. example of what...
  6. Still not yet solved...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still not yet solved...: Help...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-not-yet-solved/710c8ce4-9caf-49b0-b190-254b30823346
  7. IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IE11 still not possible to get rid of it yet (SAP etc): Hi folks Running latest SAP software (SAP GUI 7.50 and SAP base system 7.52) Net requests still default to IE11 as the default browser. [img] There's a way to "Zap" the browser call to use Firefox / Chrome but this is beyond a "Normal Developers" remit and has to be done...
  8. IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?: I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So... can I enable tab previews by hovering over the tab, such as is the case in Edge? Thanks in advance. 62101
  9. i have IE11 disabled--why are there still...

in Browsers and Email
    i have IE11 disabled--why are there still...: i have disabled IE11 in 'turn windows features on or off". when i run ccleaner, it still shows new temp internet files and spybot finds tracking cookies--every time i run them. i even tried re-enabling IE and disabling all features from within--then turning it off once again....
  10. IE11 is still under Win10 for those who need it due to plugins, etc

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 is still under Win10 for those who need it due to plugins, etc: Good news! IE11 is selectable under the Start button: select "All Apps", scroll down to "Windows Accessories", scroll down to Internet Explorer, click it and voila! To make it the default browser, go to Start, Settings, System, Default apps and choose Internet Explorer under...