Windows 10: IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing

Discus and support IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone notice on youtube if playing a video that the sound will sometimes continue to play despite navigating off the page (such as clicking a site... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 13, 2017.

1. IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing

Anyone notice on youtube if playing a video that the sound will sometimes continue to play despite navigating off the page (such as clicking a site pinned in the favourites bar whilst video is playing). Seems to be only youtube vids, and only IE11 (other browsers not showing this). Doesn't happen all the time and tends to be only when doing it quickly after the start of a video. So if I let it run a few seconds then the problem doesn't occur.

Whilst on subject of IE11, anyone use Skysports.com. Am seeing long running script error on this site on both our win 10 machines using IE11. Again only this site it seems, and only this browser!

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 13, 2017

2. Problem with flash player

My 5230 no longer plays youtube vids online using the flash player.

They just dont load.

There's just a black familiar screen of the video with youtube written in the bottom,but it fails to load nowadays.

This is not a network problem.

What could be the problem?

romperompe, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Gordly Win User
    youtube videos and Trend Micro

Previously youtube vids played. After MS tech installed Trend Micro, videos load and ad plays but vid locks up. Is there a setting to permit video play. Or all you tube videos considered high risk?

Gordly, Mar 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing

Yes, I get that too (just IE, just YouTube). It seems to continue playing everything it has got in the buffer, even though you have navigated away. Closing the tab seems to end it. I have developed the habit of pausing playback before navigating away.

Seems to have started a couple of updates ago.

5. Thanks. I think your solution is best, remember to pause the playback! I did post on MS answers and that was the workaround given on there too. Seems quite a common issue having googled a little. I don't really use IE11 a whole load so did not notice when it started. I guess the glitch just irritated me when I found it and of course I started thinking it was a local issue to my PC! But as it works just great in Mozilla and Edge I'll put it to the back of my mind.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing

1. IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing - Similar Threads - IE11 Youtube videos

2. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  3. sound on youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  4. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  5. the division youtube vid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the division youtube vid: My first ever upload *Wink w8Sm2dpi8-k Tom Clancys The Division 03 19 2016 16 08 28 04 - YouTube 44606
  6. When pausing a youtube video sound increases on play

in Browsers and Email
    When pausing a youtube video sound increases on play: There are also volume sliders for each browser - take a look to see if those change when you pause (right-click the Windows volume tray icon->Open Volume Mixer). [img]
  7. Youtube videos will not play the video part

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube videos will not play the video part: When I try to watch videos on youtube, I only get the opening picture or a black screen. The audio plays fine. Is there something I need to reset? 96826
  8. Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11: Hi everyone, I love a good problem, but despite googling and searching for other users with the same problem, it persists. Firstly - Windows 10 Home Build 15063.296 8gb ram 64 bit IE11. I have Accelerated Graphics ticked. I have Flash addon enabled(latest version...
  9. Youtube vids - country of origin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube vids - country of origin: Hi. I'd like to see this youtube video which is 'blocked in your country'. The singer is popular in Germany so it seemed logical that a German proxy would work but it didn't. Is there a way of finding out which country or countries CAN see this video? Thank you. [MEDIA] 84171
  10. No product Key Available and YouTube Vids not working in IE11

in Windows 10 Support
    No product Key Available and YouTube Vids not working in IE11: So, after an upgrade of Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premium, my laptop HP Pav d7, crashed and became a brick. After purchasing a new cheap laptop, I was able to research on the net to how to do a complete Windows 10 install using the Media Creation Tool. Down loaded all...