Windows 10: ie11

Discus and support ie11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robert, Jul 11, 2015.

1. robert Win User

ie11

I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I am stuck with ie and cannot get*Redface back to win 10 so-called home page. Can someone explain how to restore start page win10 preview 10162 and rid of ie?

:)

robert, Jul 11, 2015

2. where is tools bar internet explorer 11

Ask an IE11 question and you get an IE11 answer. Problem is, you're using Edge, not IE11. Edge does not have a Tools bar.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Run As Administrator - PROBLEMS

Have you tried IE11 (with your Admin account). In the 'Search' box type IE11, you should see IE11 at the top of the list, select it and when IE11 is open right click IE11 icon in the Task Bar and "Pin it".

Now try downloading and installing the HP software.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

ie11

My Windows 10 "so -called home page" is Google. What did you set yours to?

Rocky, Jul 12, 2015
  5. To remove IE, go to
    Control Panel > Programs & Features
    select Turn Windows Features on or off (text link on left panel)
    remove the checkmark form Internet Explorer 11
    press [ OK ]

a restart might be required... I don't recall.

That gets rid of IE11 - not sure if Edge becomes the default (set the default browser in Control Panel Default programs if not)

I'm also not sure what initial page will be loaded, but this is what is loaded with Edge on my machine

there are two tabs initially loaded

ie11 [​IMG]

1. Start tab
    2. and Edge page
    http://www.browserfordoing.com/en-us/

You can set the initial page loaded in settings

ie11 [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jul 13, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    I think that he wants Internet Explorer. I read his post several times and he purposely put Internet Explorer on his desktop. Of course with the language that he uses I am not sure what he means by "homepage." I think for a home PC, a home page is the desktop, but I am not sure what he means. As far as "start page," your guess is as good as mine what that means. He might be referring to his web browser. So who really knows what he means by home page and start page, but I am sure he will come back and clarify those mystifying terms.

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ie11

1. ie11 - Similar Threads - ie11

2. HTTPS website issue on IE11 with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    HTTPS website issue on IE11 with Windows 10 Pro: Hi Team, We have an issue while acessing HTTPS websites in IE11 with Windows 10 Pro. It throws an error with "403 Forbidden" nginx/1.10.3. However it works with firefox and Chrome in Win 10 Pro but not with IE. It works in IE11 with Windwos 7 as well. Please guide me if...
  3. Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's: All, I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates. The issue on two out of three PC's in our home fleet In IE11 and Edge "green" indicator id not present for the same web site with...
  4. Green EV indecator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Green EV indecator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's: All, I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates. The issue on two out of three PC's in our home fleet In IE11 and Edge "green" indicator id not present for the same web site with...
  5. Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode: I've created a taskbar IE11 icon as shown below - [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I click on this icon, it's window remains blank and a SECOND IE11 icon is created on the taskbar [ATTACH] This appears to load the 64-bit version of IE; I know this as I need to run the 32-bit...
  6. Cannot work with javaScript1.2 graph in IE11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot work with javaScript1.2 graph in IE11: I upgraded Windows to 1803, Internet Explorer 11. After that moment I’ve faced an issue with drawing graphs using javaScript1.2 in Oracle pl/sql program. The graphs are not being displayed correctly. The color bars with data are not showed up but numbers are there. I tried...
  7. IE11 has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11 has disappeared.: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks * Original title: IE11...
  8. IE11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/b33fc2b1-98da-45ba-b3af-ccd2a9a53d70
  9. M365 Device Management Profile not loading IE11 in kiosk mode

in Browsers and Email
    M365 Device Management Profile not loading IE11 in kiosk mode: I'm deploying an M365 device management profile to a win10 1809 device that enables a multi app kiosk setup with IE11. All applications will open and run except IE11 where applocker blocks it. I dont have any applockers enabled but even if I make a rule to allow everyone to...
  10. RE : IE11, Google search provider

in Browsers and Email
    RE : IE11, Google search provider: Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348 2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ……….. [img] Although it is no big deal, I would like to get rid of them. P.S. I do not have another browser installed, just IE11, nor do I have...