Windows 10: IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

Discus and support IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The Sheepcoat, Dec 17, 2018.

1. IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops.

:)

The Sheepcoat, Dec 17, 2018
  2. erpster4 Win User

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

My old Sony DCR-TRV460 camcorder worked when connecting a Firewire (ieee 1394) cable onto my old HP Pavilion media center M8417C computer, which has a 6-pin 1394 port (probably 1394A) at the front and at the back of the computer and Win10 has built-in Firewire drivers for them.

btw, the IEEE 1394 chipset used on the HP computer is "LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller" listed in Device Manager

be sure to buy the proper IEEE 1394 cable and the PCI/PCIe 1394 expansion card for PCs/boards that don't have a 1394 connector & ports.

erpster4, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Ida_Idaho Win User
    After Windows 10 upgrade IEEE 1394 (firewire) gone

Hi!

I have followed the steps above with downloading the KB2970191 driver.

After that I right clicked and choose install on the Leagacy driver inf file.

I then open the device manager in the control panel to find the IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers.

But nothing has happened. The driver is not there, and it does not even mention IEEE 1394.

I have restarted my computer but still nothing has changed.

I have windows 10 home and I'm trying to get my Focusrite soundcard to work.

What should I do?

Ida_Idaho, Dec 17, 2018
  4. BCP
    bcp Win User

IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

IEEE 1394 Front I/O Port

I am putting together a new build using a Gigabyte GZ-X4 case, the front I/O port has two audio connectors, two USB connectors, and a knockout tab for IEEE 1394. The IEEE 1394 was an option that is no longer available from Gigabyte. Where can I get a six pin 1394 by motherboard connection at the other end to fill in the knockout space so I can have a front available IEEE 1394 port? All I have come close to is 1394 extension type cables, help!

Thema:

IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

1. IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal - Similar Threads - IEEE 1394 Laptop

2. Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver: Hi,I am having the following error attached when trying to install driver for a camera to connect to the PC.Could you advice how to proceed so the driver can be installed correctly and camera can be then recognised?Thanks,Sandra...
  3. Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver: Hi,I am having the following error attached when trying to install driver for a camera to connect to the PC.Could you advice how to proceed so the driver can be installed correctly and camera can be then recognised?Thanks,Sandra...
  4. Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port

in Windows 10 News
    Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port: [IMG]This article lists some solutions that will help you fix Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support USB or IEEE 1394 port error while installing Windows 11/10. This error usually occurs while installing Windows OS on an external hard drive. However,...
  5. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  6. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  7. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops. ***Moved from Windows 10 / Install &...
  9. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?: Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available) I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech...
  10. IEEE 1394 Host Controller issue

IEEE 1394 Host Controller issue: Win 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade. I ungradedmy home build PC Win 7, Ultimate OS, ( retail ), using the free Win 10 OS ISO. I bit the bullet and did a fresh install, wiped everything, just a clean install of Win 10 Pro, this went without a hitch although some minor issues...