Windows 10: If a 1709 PC sits for 5 yrs off, then I turn it on, will it upgrade?

Discus and support If a 1709 PC sits for 5 yrs off, then I turn it on, will it upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To the lastest win10? I have 3 win10 pc. Two of them are on 1809, the other on 1709. However the PC having a 1709 I dual boot between win 7 and win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Jan 10, 2019.

1. If a 1709 PC sits for 5 yrs off, then I turn it on, will it upgrade?

To the lastest win10?
    I have 3 win10 pc. Two of them are on 1809, the other on 1709.

However the PC having a 1709 I dual boot between win 7 and win 10 , but we just run win 7 99.9% of the time just for using the WMC to record and watch TV, and it does that very well. I just have win 10 on there in case win 7 dies.

If I booted win10 and forced the 1809 upgrade, will it remember the other win7 and still give me the boot selection menu and also default as it does now to win 7?

If it wont, can I pull the win7 drive sata cable, boot 10, do the upgrade, plug it in and win 7 will again boot?
    I seem to recall I can select which sata drive boots first, which I right now have set to the win7 drive. Both OS are on separate hard drives. So I think it shows the win7 boot selection menu.

What do you think is best way to upgrade its win 10 os?

:)

sdowney717, Jan 10, 2019

2. Internet Explorer 11 Synced Very Old Favorites ( 5 Yrs. ago items )

Hi People,

I were troubleshooting IE11 in my end user's PC. Issue is after resetting IE11, added Favorites bar.

In that Favorites bar, IE11 synced very old Favorites that includes 5 yrs of favorites. Due to this more than 1000 of Favs mingled with recent ones.

Please suggest me troubleshooting steps to follow.

Thanks.

PrabhakaranR1002, Jan 10, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

If a 1709 PC sits for 5 yrs off, then I turn it on, will it upgrade?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

If a 1709 PC sits for 5 yrs off, then I turn it on, will it upgrade?

1. If a 1709 PC sits for 5 yrs off, then I turn it on, will it upgrade? - Similar Threads - 1709 sits yrs

2. PC turns OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns OFF: PC randomly turns off, and then starts again. I have Windows 10 with All the updates until now. I've done chkdsk, updated drives, check for broken registry entries, malware, spyware, adware, ALL of this,,,, and it still turns off.... 5x a day at least What else is there left...
  3. PC turns OFF

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns OFF: PC randomly turns off, and then starts again. I have Windows 10 with All the updates until now. I've done chkdsk, updated drives, check for broken registry entries, malware, spyware, adware, ALL of this,,,, and it still turns off.... 5x a day at least What else is there left...
  4. Pc turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc turning off: So recently my pc started randomly turning off, but in quite weird way. The screen always turns black and after while my pc goes to the normal part where you put in the password so you get into your account, but the actual computer never turns off so iam not even close...
  5. Pc turns off

Pc turns off: This has happened twice while gaming on my laptop.It turns off completely than won't turn on unless I remove the battery and put it back in after that it sais bios battery low and to select date. I exit out it sais check media fail than I work normally with the computer....
  6. PC turns off and on

PC turns off and on: I have a problem with my PC, it keeps turning off and on and so on. After a few times of the computer doing this it turns on fully and I can use everything. This mostly happens when I'm playing Rust....
  7. I can't turn off aeroplane mode in my upgraded pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't turn off aeroplane mode in my upgraded pc: Hello Microsoft I want to ask something,I cant turn off the aeroplane mode in my new upgraded dell pc.Why its happened Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-off-aeroplane-mode-in-my-upgraded-pc/ae25b3b5-b33c-4e4b-a257-f0591eeae335
  8. PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off: I'm not sure where to post this because I can't identify the problem. Basically the sequence of events is, I turn PC off from the windows start menu like you would any computer, Windows proceeds to shut off without problems, but then my PC keeps running 5 more minutes until...
  9. computor turn off at 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    computor turn off at 5 minutes: where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks....
  10. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...