Windows 10: If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with hardware, what happens?

Discus and support If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with hardware, what happens? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with respect to device drivers, what happens when the release installed on that hardware becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nobody-important, Feb 15, 2020.

1. If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with hardware, what happens?

If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with respect to device drivers, what happens when the release installed on that hardware becomes unsupported? Will Windows display some sort of notification explaining that the hardware is no longer supported?

:)

nobody-important, Feb 15, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2020
  4. If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with hardware, what happens?

Which wireless adaptor is compatible with Windows 10

Same question, I have a Tplink usb wireless adapter that is branded atheros ar50007ug, however it can´t work with windows 10, and sorry people from microsoft but telling us that "...You can purchase any branded and reliable, compatible Wireless adaptor
    from any manufacturer..." and suggest that it will work with W10 is a lie because many won´t, so try to be more serious with your recommendations and if you don´t know (cause the way you´re answering looks more like you don´t have a clue) please say so.

I think that is unforgivable for the people that created the OS to be unable to identify which hardware isn´t compatible with it.

radiopharus, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with hardware, what happens?

1. If a new release of Windows 10 isn't compatible with hardware, what happens? - Similar Threads - release isn't compatible

2. What happened to IBM compatible vibes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to IBM compatible vibes?: IBM compatible is why the PC exist. Why Microsoft is big. Bringing all the big companies together was **** awesome! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-ibm-compatible-vibes/5405bb87-18c3-4061-b54c-0988c9eadaba
  3. What happened to IBM compatible vibes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to IBM compatible vibes?: IBM compatible is why the PC exist. Why Microsoft is big. Bringing all the big companies together was **** awesome! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-ibm-compatible-vibes/5405bb87-18c3-4061-b54c-0988c9eadaba
  4. What happened to IBM compatible vibes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 KB5021233 (22H2) released – here’s what’s new

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5021233 (22H2) released – here’s what’s new: Windows 10 KB5021233 is now available for version 22H2 and other supported versions of the OS. Unlike the previous Patch Tuesday updates, today’s release comes with a couple of noteworthy changes. Direct download links for Windows 10 KB5021233 offline installers are also...
  6. Hardware compatibility ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware compatibility ?: The hardware check says PC it is not compatible with windows 11, but I have a Genuine Intel Intel64 Family6 Model61-IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU 2.20GHz processor. I don't understand why it isn't list in the list? Anyone any ideas?...
  7. Hardware compatibility ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware compatibility ?: The hardware check says PC it is not compatible with windows 11, but I have a Genuine Intel Intel64 Family6 Model61-IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU 2.20GHz processor. I don't understand why it isn't list in the list? Anyone any ideas?...
  8. What happens after Windows 10 ends support will you release a new Windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens after Windows 10 ends support will you release a new Windows ?: I really going to miss Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-after-windows-10-ends-support-will/495ed923-0e53-4dd6-9a70-2f5c7648734e
  9. Windows Hardware Compatibility Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hardware Compatibility Issues: I recently upgraded my Z270/i5 7600k to X570/3700x, running at stock. All other components stayed the same 1080ti, 2x8GB RAM 2400, same hard drives, same cooling setup, 850W PSU. I started having issues right away in gaming. Games would run for a while then the screen would...
  10. What's happening to Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What's happening to Windows 10?: For the last few months, everybody who uses windows on a daily bases is experiencing a lot of bugs, errors, and problems with the windows store, apps, and games. I've got this error code 0x803F8001 when trying to start Prey from xbox game pass for windows. By trying to fix it...