Windows 10: if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

Discus and support if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A while ago, I checked the activation page in Settings, and it said my license was "linked to my Microsoft Account".If I were to purchase a new PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aiden99, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Aiden99 Win User

if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

A while ago, I checked the activation page in Settings, and it said my license was "linked to my Microsoft Account".If I were to purchase a new PC, would this license work on that?

:)

Aiden99, Mar 22, 2022
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Mar 22, 2022
  4. AFJ
    AFJ Win User

if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?

The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account

4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

Thema:

1. if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring... - Similar Threads - OEM copy linked

2. does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?: what does this email means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-email-means-that-my-copy-of-windows-is/e19f2506-6deb-4c98-87d6-4500aba01206
  3. I just linked my iphone with my microsoft phone link on windows 11. Does this mean I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just linked my iphone with my microsoft phone link on windows 11. Does this mean I can...: I just linked my iphone with my microsoft phone link on windows 11. Does this mean I can make international calls for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-linked-my-iphone-with-my-microsoft-phone/db7813d2-f933-4320-a305-0ddeeb112123
  4. I just linked my iphone with my microsoft phone link on windows 11. Does this mean I can...

I just linked my iphone with my microsoft phone link on windows 11. Does this mean I can...: I just linked my iphone with my microsoft phone link on windows 11. Does this mean I can make international calls for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-linked-my-iphone-with-my-microsoft-phone/db7813d2-f933-4320-a305-0ddeeb112123
  5. if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...: A while ago, I checked the activation page in Settings, and it said my license was "linked to my Microsoft Account".If I were to purchase a new PC, would this license work on that?...
  6. if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...: A while ago, I checked the activation page in Settings, and it said my license was "linked to my Microsoft Account".If I were to purchase a new PC, would this license work on that?...
  7. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...: As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Everything ran fine on my original setup, but then I swapped out those 3 parts and reinstalled+reactivated Windows using my product...
  8. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...: As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Everything ran fine on my original setup, but then I swapped out those 3 parts and reinstalled+reactivated Windows using my product...
  9. Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account?

Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account?: Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-link-my-microsoft-account-with-mojang/f6bd22dd-3e25-4a55-91aa-4928d16bc474
  10. What does OEM mean?

What does OEM mean?: I installed a new motherboard and was told that because my Windows version is OEM I have to purchase a new version of Windows? Why is this? Can someone explain Windows licensing to me?...