Windows 10: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

Discus and support If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Comp Cmndo, Jul 30, 2016.

1. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen
    This issue started with Redstone builds.
    This was not an issue with TH2.

Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub.
    I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build 14393.5

:)

Comp Cmndo, Jul 30, 2016
  2. JoshRohl Win User

Changing computer name screw up my automatic login

Same issue.

How I resolved it was by doing the following:

• disable auto login under netplwiz
    • restart computer and choose the "forgot your password" option under your Microsoft account login (not the pseudo login with no picture)
    • changing the password
    • re-enabling automatic login under netplwiz
    • restart your computer to check
    Hopefully this helps people out with a somewhat simple solution (even if it's a bit annoying).

JoshRohl, Jul 30, 2016
  3. user login screen is showing only face login

In windows 8.1 I used to get two options for login either face login or password login. Now windows 10 I have one option of login i.e face login face login is not possible in all light conditions how can I login system in such a cases

gopimoturu, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Do you have this setting on?

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 31, 2016
  5. Yes.

Comp Cmndo, Jul 31, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Hmmm... strange!
    MS Account or local account?

Try a bunch of stuff like switching that setting Off, reboot or restart Explorer, turn it back on, etc.

Edwin, Jul 31, 2016
  7. MS Account, which you would think should have the picture instead of the Local Account.
    All 6 Win10 machines do the same thing.

I can change 1 to a local account to see what happens.

Turning Lock Screen OFF, did nothing.

User Account worked & there is no background picture.
    Logon is faster, too.

Comp Cmndo, Jul 31, 2016
  8. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

How did you get it solved? No user account picture is shown on login screen. With Win10 TH2 release it worked well. Background picture/lock screen picture is not an issue for me. Using local account only.

bullyalarm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen - Similar Threads - auto login enabled

2. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  3. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  4. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  5. Auto Login from User Selection

Auto Login from User Selection: Hi I have 5 users setup on my Windows 10 machine. All have a PIN and are required to log in using this. I shutdown my machine each day Power -> Shutdown. But when I start up my machine and it sits at the lock screen. It will Play the last YouTube video or NetFlix preview...
  6. how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

in Browsers and Email
    how to enable auto login in ChrEdge: I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts. In Edge I have "save passwords" and "auto login" turned on, When I manually enter username and password fields, the browser offers to...
  7. Auto login and pictures at login

Auto login and pictures at login: Hello, I configured auto login on the computer with Windows 10 I use. The version is Windows 10 Entreprise Version 1607, and I cannot change this (requirement from the entreprise to keep this version). However, since I configured auto login, the user account picture is no...
  8. Problem with Login Picture screen

Problem with Login Picture screen: I really like the pictures that Windows 10 puts up on the lock screen. However, the part that gives me the information about the picture and where it comes from and asks if I like it often doesn't come up. If I move my mouse or hit the space bar it brings up the screen to...
  9. Auto login then switch user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180