Windows 10: If backup is failing: Send email or start a program

Discus and support If backup is failing: Send email or start a program in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, is there a way to automatically send an email or run a program after the Windows 10 internal backup (file-history) has finished a backup or failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mohnia, Sep 10, 2020.

1. mohnia Win User

If backup is failing: Send email or start a program

Hi,

is there a way to automatically send an email or run a program after the Windows 10 internal backup (file-history) has finished a backup or failed a backup?

Best regards,

:)

mohnia, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Email program for sending docs. in Wordpad

Hi Zoltan,

After creating an email account, we need to set up your email in Mail for Windows 10.

Refer to this article for instructions
    on how to add a new email account.

After setting up your email, the next step is to set your default email client on Windows 10 to allow WordPad use the
    Send in email feature. To this, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Click System then Default apps.
    • Under Default apps, look for the Email header and click
      Choose a default.
      If backup is failing: Send email or start a program 997cab55-2e3f-41b6-b5ee-3eab83d08927.jpg
    • Select Mail as the default.
    • Close the Window.

After successfully following the steps, you will be able to use the Send in email feature in WordPad.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Jose Est, Sep 10, 2020
  3. msaba497 Win User
    Backup fails

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did Step 1 OK.

Doing Step 2: Volume Shadow Copy is already running, but I have no SPP Notification Service in the list of services!

I just tried to backup, and it failed again!

Back in August when the Backup failed, someone told me about STARTING VSS. I did that then, and it appears to be running since then. He did not say anything about SPP. I replied to him, but he disappeared!

M. Saba

msaba497, Sep 10, 2020
  4. If backup is failing: Send email or start a program

Error: There is not an email associated, while sending emails from WordPad

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you using Outlook.com/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail/ Mail client version of Outlook to send Emails?
    • Is this issue specific only with the WordPad?

This issue might happens when there is no particular application/ program to send an email.

I suggest you to Set Mail App as you default program as it is in-built on the operating system and check if it helps.
    Follow the steps give below to set Mail App as you default program.
    • Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Select Control Panel. Click on Default Programs.
    • Click on Set your default programs.
    • Click on the Mail app from the list on the left hand side.
    • Click on Set this program as default.
    • Click on OK.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

If backup is failing: Send email or start a program

1. If backup is failing: Send email or start a program - Similar Threads - backup failing Send

2. Sending emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending emails: Can receive but not able to send emails from my @live.co.uk account. Any ideas what the problem is? And how I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-emails/03baddc4-b666-4a61-b27f-b562a4e8caf3
  3. Sending emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sending emails: Can receive but not able to send emails from my @live.co.uk account. Any ideas what the problem is? And how I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-emails/03baddc4-b666-4a61-b27f-b562a4e8caf3
  4. Sending Emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending Emails: For about a week I have been unable to send emails because my account has been locked. I am still receiving emails. This morning I received a call ostensibly from Microsoft offering to sort my problem out but I was not happy with the questions being asked and I ended the...
  5. Email will not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email will not send: My outlook app will not send email. I can receive email but not send. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-will-not-send/c8ea12ed-769b-4ea4-99d1-eb008f889c31
  6. Backup and Restore completely fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore completely fails to start: It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7 leftover method to backup on an internal separate drive) My control panel looks like this now: Edit I can't upload an image?...
  7. sending emails

in Browsers and Email
    sending emails: Why when I am sending emails do I get this message.............. "The server you are connecting to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue using the server?" Thanks 147678
  8. sending emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending emails: Have just updated 1903 for windows 10, but I receive emails but cannot send, they just sit in out box. Any suggestions Brian Dodd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-emails/dddd2923-bdcd-46c9-8aac-78dd27e76998
  9. sending emails

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    sending emails: for about 3 weeks I have been unable to send emails on my laptop. However I am still able to receive them. I can send emails via my phone from the same email account tho. So the issue seems to be on my laptop. Have uninstalled and reinstalled this account, but still...
  10. sending email

in Browsers and Email
    sending email: It takes 20+ seconds for my email to leave desktop. For comparison with Ubuntu it takes a split second. Fresh win 10 install. Tks 32892