Windows 10: If Cleartype fails to darken the text in Windows 10 what is the next solution ?

Discus and support If Cleartype fails to darken the text in Windows 10 what is the next solution ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The text in Windows 10 is too light gray. I need to get it darker for old eyes. I open up a file folder (on the desktop) with names of files within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinReeves, Sep 3, 2019.

1. If Cleartype fails to darken the text in Windows 10 what is the next solution ?

The text in Windows 10 is too light gray. I need to get it darker for old eyes. I open up a file folder (on the desktop) with names of files within it. Those names are in a gray font making them a challenge to read easily.

The only solution offered seems to be adjusting text in ClearType. Tried that but it seems to show choices only in the same darkness which fails to improve usability. So ClearType has failed. Is there another solution that will actually work ?

Can the font used be changed or darkened in another way ?

If it matters, I am using an ACER laptop when this is happening.

:)

KevinReeves, Sep 3, 2019

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Darken text in Windows 10

Hi,

To make text darker (easier to read), follow the steps below:

• Type and select Adjust ClearType text.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information, see this link.

Keep us updated of the results.

Regile Reb, Sep 3, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

If Cleartype fails to darken the text in Windows 10 what is the next solution ?

Windows 7 ClearType Text Tuner

I went into Display in the Control Panel and started playing with the ClearType Text Tuner. It reminds me of an eye exam where it keeps asking you which you like best. Anyway, I don't like what it's done and small text is very blocky and weird to read. I can't seem to undo whatever it is I've done. I've unchecked Turn on ClearType, I've tried different settings...how can I get it back to default?

OrbitzXT, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

If Cleartype fails to darken the text in Windows 10 what is the next solution ?

1. If Cleartype fails to darken the text in Windows 10 what is the next solution ? - Similar Threads - Cleartype fails darken

2. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  3. Cleartype adds blue and yellow background to text

Cleartype adds blue and yellow background to text: Idk why but all of the sudden texts get a blue and yellow background, so i tried everything and turna out its the Clearype. But if i disable it the fonts geta thinner and looks bad. How can i fix cleartype to look like before without colors? submitted by /u/reyfor11...
  4. darken html text windows 10 hp

in Windows 10 Customization
    darken html text windows 10 hp: How to darken what essentially an impossible to read light grey text against a bright white background text on HTML web pages and elsewhere in windows 10 HP Laptop? Please notify me when my question is addressed. My name is Bill K. My email addresses: *** Email address is...
  5. how can I darken the text?

how can I darken the text?: How can I darken the text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-darken-the-text/df686547-259a-4fd3-b905-8ef34d8473f1
  6. ClearType inconsistency in Windows 10

ClearType inconsistency in Windows 10: Hi, Can somebody shed some light on the following inconsistency of ClearType of Windows 10? I have defined some specific registry keys for ClearType parameters as explained here:...
  7. ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV

ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV: I noticed this when I started using Sony X900F TV as a monitor a few days ago, but it's under a specific set of circumstances. When I set the TV in game mode, which is required for PC usage due to input lag, all the letters in File Explorer, Chrome, and some other programs...
  8. how do I darken text

how do I darken text: How do I darken text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-darken-text/8762da35-01ad-4830-af32-dbe5783165ca
  9. Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.

in Windows 10 Support
    Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.: Hi. I'm struggling to remove that weird multi-colored text that, in the past, has been associated with sub-pixel anti-aliasing like Clear Type. Here's an example: [img] I've tried two things with no improvement: 1) Turn off ClearType in the ClearType Text Tuner 2) Turn...
  10. Here's what's next for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here's what's next for Windows 10: Windows 10 is now available as a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. While millions are performing the upgrade this week, Microsoft is working hard on updates and fixes behind the scenes. Some of those patches have already started rolling out, but there are more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant make text darker with cleartype