Windows 10: If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

Discus and support If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation anyway? OR, in detail:-I use a Gigabyte motherboard. In my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Iam_sg, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Iam_sg Win User

If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation anyway? OR, in detail:-I use a Gigabyte motherboard. In my case, every time I switch on my computer after a complete shutdown even from main power switch board a screen appears with a heading- BIOS has been reset - Please decide how to continue,and three options: 1. "Load optimized defaults then boot" 2. "Load optimized default then reboot" 3. "Enter BIOS"Every time I go for the first one and my computer runs fine, however with a

:)

Iam_sg, Jun 1, 2023
  2. fireberd Win User

CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss

First step, I would do a CMOS reset. Power off PC, Disconnect the AC power cord, Press the power button for 10 seconds to drain any residual power. Open the case and locate the CR2032 coin cell battery on the motherboard. Remove it for 5 minutes. If you have a new battery I would install that instead of the old one (they usually last 5 years but with the problem, replace the battery). After about 5 minutes install the battery. Connect AC power cord, power on and see it this clears it.

fireberd, Jun 1, 2023
  3. clear CMOS

As @Law- II said .....

please fill your system specs.
    If you have a desktop motherboard i would suggest to see if you CMOS battery is not dead.

scoutingwraith, Jun 1, 2023
  4. kjl1956 Win User

If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

UEFI low CMOS battery, could not get into bios, removed the CMOS battery and shorted the jumper, nothing reset

The computer would not boot with the battery removed.

Removed the power cord removed the power connector from the PSU, removed the battery put the CMOS clear pin on the jumper, let the computer sit for 12 hours, removed the CMOS jumper pin, put the CMOS battery back in, connected the PSU connector to the motherboard, connected the ac power cord, turned the PC back on, BIOS post-test, mouse and keyboard shifts to the left then freezes.

Installed a different video card, same issue, this motherboard has backup bios but can't get to it.

kjl1956, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

1. If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation... - Similar Threads - CMOS battery removed

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...: If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation anyway? OR, in detail:-I use a Gigabyte motherboard. In my case, every time I switch on my computer after a complete shutdown even from main power switch board a screen appears with a...
  6. If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation...: If CMOS battery is removed from a desktop motherboard, does it effect Windows Activation anyway? OR, in detail:-I use a Gigabyte motherboard. In my case, every time I switch on my computer after a complete shutdown even from main power switch board a screen appears with a...
  7. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  8. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  9. CMOS Battery

CMOS Battery: How often should it be changed? I have a ProBook 4540s HP Laptop running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmos-battery/1b7f89ca-a1e2-458d-ae77-8ad93b347f0b
  10. cmos battery

cmos battery: Is there a default in set up after replacing the cmos battery or should you take a picture with the flash off just in case? I cannot think of any other way to know the information as print screen etc cannot be used. TY Peter 44179