Windows 10: If convert c:/ drive in VHD can run in hyper-V same PC - this after Reset PC system due to...

Discus and support If convert c:/ drive in VHD can run in hyper-V same PC - this after Reset PC system due to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; """ On first boot, a VM booting a captured copy of Windows will detect the VM's hardware and automatically install drivers, if present in the image.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonidasSavvides, Sep 2, 2020.

1. If convert c:/ drive in VHD can run in hyper-V same PC - this after Reset PC system due to...

"""

On first boot, a VM booting a captured copy of Windows will detect the VM's hardware and automatically install drivers, if present in the image. If the required drivers are not present, install them via the Virtual PC or Hyper-V integration components. You can also attach to VHDs using the Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Disk Management or Diskpart utilities.

Do not attach to VHDs on the same system on which you created them if you plan on booting from them. If you do so, Windows will assign the VHD a new disk signature to avoid a collision with the signature of the VHD’s source disk. Windows references disks in the boot configuration database BCD by disk signature, so when that happens Windows booted in a VM will fail to locate the boot disk.

"""

Says here :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/disk2vhd

Here ^^^ there is a tool for converting disk c:/ to VHD file for run on Hyper-V as virtual machine... please reply this >>>>

My system has failures, can Not update neither win10pro nor apps or install apps, so plan do a system Reset

If create VHD of c:/ in external hdd after Reset Windows 10 pro can run this in hyper-V same PC...? Can run vhd on Vmware player hypervisor or convert vhd to use in Vmware?

:)

LeonidasSavvides, Sep 2, 2020

2. Hyper-V - VHD

one thing that needs fixing in Hyper-V when saving the VHD is default location

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks\

why does it not save our our own profile location, i had trouble looking for it until i ran through all the options again

come on Microsoft please release a fix for this

SnowderBlazer, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Hyper-V VHD issue (RAID 0 setup)

Hello all,

I just tried using Hyper-V after upgrading my desktop hardware to a setup with 2 drives (identical drives) in a RAID0 setup.

Before the upgrade (and reïnstallation of Windows 10) i was able to create as many VM's with VHD as i want, however sinds the upgrade of my hardware this is no longer possible.

When i now try to create a new VM in Hyper-V Manager in the final step i get an error saying that the storage location on my Virtual Harddrive is not supporting sharing of Virtual Harddrives.

Does this mean that Hyper-V see's a RAID0 setup as a VHD and therefor is not capable of connecting VHD's to my VM's? Saying Hyper-V is not capable of working with RAID0 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Kind Regards,

Bart

Apocalypss, Sep 2, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

If convert c:/ drive in VHD can run in hyper-V same PC - this after Reset PC system due to...

Windows 10 Virtual PC/ Hyper-V to run XP Mode

I hope you installed Windows 10 for more than just Hyper-V, because Hyper-V was also available in Windows 8, and Windows 7 had a version of Hyper-V called Windows Virtual PC, which was designed to run Windows XP.

I'll tell you right off the top that I can't answer your question about Hyper-V because I have limited experience with it. I did make it work, but it took several tries before I finally figured it out. I can also say from experience that VirtualBox and VMware
    Workstation Player both run Windows XP very well and they're much easier to understand and setup than Hyper-V. And they're free. I think you'll enjoy either one more than Hyper-V.

Hyper-V was originally written for servers, which is why it's more complicated to setup compared to creating a VM in either VirtualBox or VMware. A lot of the terminology in Hyper-V is about servers, too.

You really ought to try VB or VMware - your XP VM will be up and running in minutes.

If you already have a .vhd you can open it in both programs, but eventually you'll want to convert it to a native format.

BulldogXX, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

If convert c:/ drive in VHD can run in hyper-V same PC - this after Reset PC system due to...

1. If convert c:/ drive in VHD can run in hyper-V same PC - this after Reset PC system due to... - Similar Threads - convert drive VHD

2. Problems uploading VHD to hyper V server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems uploading VHD to hyper V server: Hello,I have installed a fresh bare metal Hyper V server . It has not joined a domainI have configured its management according to this https://timothygruber.com/hyper-v-2/remotely-managing-hyper-v-server-in-a-workgroup-or-non-domain/I am able to access it from a Windows...
  3. Can't convert a VHDX with Convert-VHD in PowerShell or in Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't convert a VHDX with Convert-VHD in PowerShell or in Hyper-V Manager: I have a VHDX file that is an image of the system drive in a new laptop, created with Diskpart version 10.0.19041.1: create vdisk file="D:\PC_Original.vhdx" type=expandable source="\\.\physicaldrive0" If this is successful it was, I should be able to store and work with...
  4. How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager: [ATTACH]If you have a VHD file and you want to convert it to VHDX format, you can use Hyper-V Manager to get it done. This […] This post How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to convert Hyper-V VHDX file to VHD using PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert Hyper-V VHDX file to VHD using PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have a VHDX file and you want to make it compatible with some other virtual machine that supports VHD format, then this post shows, how you can convert the Hyper-V VHDX file to VHD using Windows PowerShell so [...] This post How to convert Hyper-V...
  6. Running hyper-v and vmare on same windows install.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running hyper-v and vmare on same windows install.: You cannot run vmware and hyper-v at same time, but you can set up windows to do one or other, selecting which at boot time, From an administrative command prompt make a copy of current boot menu and label it with a suitable label e.g. "No Hyper-V". Note the first command...
  7. How can Hyper-V VM access shared Host PC drive/folder?

How can Hyper-V VM access shared Host PC drive/folder?: I have just installed Hyper-V and Windows 10 on both Host & VM, and set up a wifi virtual switch so the VM can connect to the internet. Fine. But the Network icon in the Folders only shows its own desktop and "tsclient" but not the host PC. How do I get the VM to see the...
  8. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  9. Compact a Hyper-V VHD

Compact a Hyper-V VHD: I have Hyper-V VM with the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926 as the guest, and Windows 8.1 Pro as the host OS. I've been running it for 3 months now, with at least 2 build updates. But I can't compact the VHD. The used drive space on the VM guest is 16.8 GB, while...
  10. Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN) support article: Native Boot allows you to create a virtual hard disk (VHD), install Windows to it, and then boot it up, either on your PC side-by-side with...