Windows 10: If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is...

Discus and support If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello ! I have an urgent question... If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is changed into new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ji_HeonLee, Dec 8, 2020.

1. If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is...

Hello ! I have an urgent question...

If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is changed into new one????

If you go to Settings-System-About, you can see the Device ID above the Product ID.

• Through following similar question " Device ID and Product ID changed after reinstalling Windows 10 by using the upgrade tool from Microsoft. ", I got that product id is related to window product.... so if i use the different serial no, i will get the different ID.

However I think the answer for the "Device ID" is ambiguous.

One of the answer for this question" Device ID and Product ID changed after reinstalling Windows 10 by using the upgrade tool from Microsoft. " said that "So technically unless you made a hardware change it should not change.

In this sentence, what does the 'hardware' mean ?

I just want to clarify it....

Now I am using HP envy notebook.. And "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed....

As I know "DEVICE ID" is unique ID for each main board in computer.Is it wrong or right?

If "DEVICE ID" has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is changed into new one?

Or Is it possible to change the "DEVICE ID" by exchanging the some part such as HDD or RAM?

Please make it clear.

Thanks

Scarlett Lee.

:)

Ji_HeonLee, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is...

1. If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is... - Similar Threads - DEVICE laptop has

2. How can I tell if my computer has been remotely accessed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell if my computer has been remotely accessed?: if I think my computer has been setup to be accessed remotely how can I tell? How can I tell if it has new remotely acceded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-if-my-computer-has-been-remotely/85bce5c0-0099-4072-b9e4-4d575a4bba96
  3. Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed: Hi,So I experienced something very strange, and I would appreciate someone's knowledge on the matter.I want to point out that my PC did not go through any updates nor did it have any pending updates. I also want to note that I updated my BIOS a month before this issue. My PC...
  4. Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reported That the Hardware of Your Device Has Been Changed But No Hardware Has Changed: Hi,So I experienced something very strange, and I would appreciate someone's knowledge on the matter.I want to point out that my PC did not go through any updates nor did it have any pending updates. I also want to note that I updated my BIOS a month before this issue. My PC...
  5. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change my DEVICE ID: I use ilok for several applications and i reinstalled windows before deactivating a product key held in ilok, now i need to change my device id back to what it was before reinstalling windows so i can deactivate that product key in ilok. can someone tell me how i can change...
  6. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change my DEVICE ID: I use ilok for several applications and i reinstalled windows before deactivating a product key held in ilok, now i need to change my device id back to what it was before reinstalling windows so i can deactivate that product key in ilok. can someone tell me how i can change...
  7. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is...: Hello ! I have an urgent question... If "DEVICE ID" for my laptop has been changed, can I tell that my main board hardware is changed into new one???? Or Do you think that"DEVICE ID" can be changed by exchanging the some part such as HDD or RAM? If you go to...
  9. My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?: I bought my new laptop, lenovo legion 5i, a week back from now, and on the next day i faced battery drain problem . So i gave my laptop at lenovo service centre. There they said that battery was all good, but the problem was with operating system. At the time i gave in my...
  10. how can i change hardware id?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i change hardware id?: is there anyway that i can change my hardware ip instead of buying a new spec for my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-hardware-id/643e2a04-2f42-4c0e-94af-266b9dece67b