Windows 10: if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

Discus and support if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i was copying a metric ton of files and i absentmindedly quit explorer for another thing i was doing, would unexpectedly ending the copying process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackPorter7, Sep 9, 2020.

1. if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

i was copying a metric ton of files and i absentmindedly quit explorer for another thing i was doing, would unexpectedly ending the copying process make a corrupt half copied file or does it recognize that it's a incomplete file and only mark it as complete as the last thing it does in the copying process.

i'm asking because i'm hesitant to select overwrite, because it will literally add days of copying time because i was a big doofus near the end of copying, so i'd much rather hit skip files, unless there is one darned needle in the haystack of files that is corrupt

:)

JackPorter7, Sep 9, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Sep 9, 2020
  4. if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

1. if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt? - Similar Threads - explorer crashes while

2. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  3. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  4. Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding: Hello, I have tried opening a Word Document and it caused the File Explorer to not respond. I ran an SFC scan and was told the problem were corrupt files. So, I ran a DSMI scan and it apparently fixed it. However, File Explorer still stops responding when I try opening up a...
  5. System Crash While Moving Files From OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Crash While Moving Files From OneDrive: My PC crashed while I was moving files from my OneDrive to a local backup. Will I need to go picking through the recycle bin to try to figure out where it left off, or will the folders and files only be deleted from OneDrive once they are successfully moved?...
  6. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  7. File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders: While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it crashes as soon as I open it, the error is: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎27/‎2020 11:04 PM...
  8. My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File

My File Explorer keeps crashing because of a single Corrupted File: Hello, I am having an annoying problems with my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday I downloaded a video into a folder in my D drive and somehow that file got corrupted, and every time I open the root of my D Drive, everything such as the Icons load in for all the folders up until the...
  9. Moving Files to Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Files to Explorer: I've always moved files from Windows Live Mail by dragging them into Explorer, now I get this message, also happened trying to move files from my phone (android) [img] 116223
  10. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147