Windows 10: If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909

Discus and support If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] If home-group has truly been removed from Windows 10 why does it still show as an option when clicking "Share With" on a folder? I definitely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by questorfla, Jan 28, 2020.

1. If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909

If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909 [​IMG]
    If home-group has truly been removed from Windows 10 why does it still show as an option when clicking "Share With" on a folder? I definitely dont want to use it but how can I remove the options?
    This subject came up lately when we were looking at different ways to create/manage/and use network locations rather than mapped network drives. Is there any difference between using "Map a network location" and 'right click/give access to"?

This is in a group of people on the same network where Most are using the latest Windows 10 Home but a few might have Windows 10 Pro. The connection will always be shared 'from' a Windows 10 Home system and it would be nice if there was a command line option for creating the link so the process could be added to the same script that creates and loads the folder to be shared.

It would be nice if it there is a way to create group names that would be allowed access Rather than having to add each person individually to the link. The configuration is rather complex and any way to make it easier will help.

The last question is re: 'each person having an account on this system' and passwords. I could be wrong but if i dont use this option doesn't that amount to giving access to everybody on the network? Or is there some way to limit access to only specific systems without them needing an account on the system the files are shared from?

The people who are given network access will need read/write/edit control over the files in that share folder.
    A Quick example: If I could put all 5 people in the Art Dept into an Art "group" and then given full access to the Art Group for the folder they will be working in instead of adding 5 separate people.

Thanks for info on this

:)

questorfla, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WU Not Offering 1909

I understand from posts like this one that you may have taken steps to control windows updates. If so, that may explain it. All my (unmodified) machines were offered 1909....

If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909 [​IMG]

3. Windows 10 HomeGroup Broken

Hello,

We suggest running the homegroup troubleshooter. It automatically diagnose and repair common problems with viewing computer or shared files in homegroup. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, and type Troubleshooting, and press the
      Enter key.
    • At the Troubleshooting window, click View all
      at the left pane.
    • Select Homegroup from the list to start the troubleshooter.

Also, we recommend checking the steps that workarounds provided by Marilyn360
    on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 28, 2020
  4. If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909

Password in Homegroup on Windows 10

Hi Clay,

Thank you for responding.

As your concern is to remove/ exit from the HomeGroup, I suggest you to try the below steps and check:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type HomeGroup
      and select it.
    • Click in the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.

For more information:
    HomeGroup from start to finish

Click on More options.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status for this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909

1. If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909 - Similar Threads - HomeGroup gone why

2. Still Not Offered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still Not Offered Windows 11: My Laptop getting a notification stating "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you" since January but it's August and still not offered Windows 11 from Microsoft. I...
  3. Still Not Offered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still Not Offered Windows 11: My Laptop getting a notification stating "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you" since January but it's August and still not offered Windows 11 from Microsoft. I...
  4. still not offered Windows 10 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still not offered Windows 10 21h1: hi there:I am still not offered Windows 10 21h1. I am in Taiwan. My work device has offered it and I installed it. Does it really take this long or should I keep waiting? I know that my device is not blocked from getting it. I was at 2004 and was offered 20h2. Is there a way...
  5. After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?

After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?: Hi ! I made a Windows Update in March. Since then it happened to me twice that all folders and files ( really ALL ) were suddenly gone. My taskbar, with my buttons, was also deleted again. What can I do? What do I have to do to prevent this from happening again? Should I...
  6. windows 10 v 1903 & 1909

windows 10 v 1903 & 1909: trying to upgrade from v 1803 NEED WORKING DOWNLOAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-v-1903-1909/13a46393-7ae0-4e00-b31b-f31da989761a
  7. ComputerActive Windows 10 Home offer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ComputerActive Windows 10 Home offer.: I hope this is OK to post if not then please delete this thread. UK’s ComputerActive magazine is selling genuine Win 10 (Home - £29.99 & Pro - £39.99): Computeractive Software Store - Windows 10 Home - 79% off RRP There’s other MS software too like Office. This is for a...
  8. Windows 10 v.1909

Windows 10 v.1909: Just downloaded v1909 to my desktop. Error message: Cannot start MS Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The path specified for the file: c:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*** Email address is removed for privacy...
  9. WU Not Offering 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WU Not Offering 1909: I have all the servicing stack and other updates that should precede 1909 but WU keeps telling my I'm up to date at 1903. Am I expecting this latest version prematurely? 144345
  10. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone: Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10. I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup, plus a Toshiba Networked Hard Drive (Can't Map)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. homegroup not showing windows 10 1909

2. windows homegroup 1909