Windows 10: If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in...

Discus and support If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in the family take control? Could I then be added to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Philip Coates1, Feb 7, 2023.

1. If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in...

If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in the family take control? Could I then be added to a different family if needed?

:)

Philip Coates1, Feb 7, 2023
  2. KDF64 Win User

Family and other people, cannot remove adult in any screen. name and email remains.

Under Settings- Family & Other People a second Adult account remains listed but they Cannot access. I want it removed.

I Login in to the MS account and under "Family" there is no option to remove and the adult account isn't listed. Yet it remains on the PC as explained above.

The account doesn't appear in User account setting.

KDF64, Feb 8, 2023
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Feb 8, 2023
  4. Eric Ber Win User

If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in...

Family and other people, cannot remove adult in any screen. name and email remains.

Hi KDF64,

Before you will be able to remove an adult account, you have to remove all the child accounts under Family. One of the methods to check the account description is by going to Settings. You can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts.
    3. Click Family & other accounts.
    4. Under the account user name is the description of the account. You will see if it is a
      Child account or an Adult account.

To remove an account from the Family in Windows 10 or on Xbox One, you can follow the steps in this

link.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in...

1. If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in... - Similar Threads - add another adult

2. If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in...: If I add another adult to a family account, then remove myself will the adult remaining in the family take control? Could I then be added to a different family if needed?...
  3. Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself: Whenever I try to download something or buy anything it asks for parents permission. I left family group so how it is still asking for it?I'm 19 years young and I have my own life so how can I get rid of the adult thing?...
  4. Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself: Whenever I try to download something or buy anything it asks for parents permission. I left family group so how it is still asking for it?I'm 19 years young and I have my own life so how can I get rid of the adult thing?...
  5. Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  7. Remove Adult Family Member

Remove Adult Family Member: I'm trying to remove an adult from my Family list and I keep getting an error "We can't do this right now. Try again later" I'm connected to the internet just fine - what do I need to do differently?...
  8. Family Account Adult Age

Family Account Adult Age: Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my account. My birthday is set to the correct day/month/year. How can I change my account to an Adult account?...
  9. Blocking adult family account by child?

Blocking adult family account by child?: How come a child's family Microsoft account can block access to pc of its adult's account in windows 10? That's pretty unfair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-adult-family-account-by-child/bb8a4ef4-68b2-434d-a760-ec458fb74c2b
  10. Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...