Windows 10: If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

Discus and support If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 with de-DE as default language settings. For IT tasks like administration and programming I also use en-US INTL as keymap. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZehEmEe, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ZehEmEe Win User

If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

I run Windows 10 with de-DE as default language settings. For IT tasks like administration and programming I also use en-US INTL as keymap. So I install en-US language via Windows 10 setting and change keymap to en-us intl.

Looks good but after reboot I also have en-UK United Kingdom & North ireland in the list of available keymaps. This extra language is neighter listed in language list in Windows 10 settings nor in output from Get-WinUserLanguageList.

How can I remove this flavor permanently?

:)

ZehEmEe, Apr 16, 2020

2. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

That doesnt work anymore, language isnt in control panel

can i get new instructions?

Phoenixcraft, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

LANGUAGE.DOES.NOT.EXIST.IN.CONTROL.PANEL.

StArDe5tr0y3r77, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Rotozaza Win User

If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

Latest Windows 10 adds EN-US with US layout and EN-UK with UK layout by unwanted magic

If you go to languages these 2 language and layout combos are not visible in configuration.

To remove, add these language combos, without closing settings and remove them immediately; gone.

But 2 days later it's back again. This annoyance appeared only since June.

----

I have set EN-UK, FR-CH and DE-CH, all with DE-CH Swiss keyboard layout.

Rotozaza, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout - Similar Threads - add language added

2. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  3. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  4. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  5. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  6. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?: Dear MS support team,I tried to remove the EN-UK keyboard layout from Windows. However, despite having been removed from "Settings", the EN-UK kept present in language bar, even after reboot.How can I remove it?...
  8. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  9. Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32

Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32: I am having issues with the HP drivers for Win10; when the system language is set to EN-UK the Printing Prefernces dialog is broken whilst the Properties dialog is OK....
  10. Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically

Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically: Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically, and to delete them i have to add this input methods because they existe just on switching list.... but they will come back again and i have to do it all over... help me to solve this problem forever...