Windows 10: If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause...

Discus and support If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to turn Hibernation Off in the registry editor. I went to the CurrentControlSet, then to Control, then to ‘Power’ and then added a D-Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chad129, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Chad129 Win User

If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause...

I was trying to turn Hibernation Off in the registry editor. I went to the CurrentControlSet, then to Control, then to ‘Power’ and then added a D-Word of ‘HibernateEnabled.’ But then I realized that I already had that named ‘HibernateEnabledDefault’ so I deleted the D-Word of ‘HibernateEnabled’Is this bad?

:)

Chad129, Mar 15, 2023

2. Deleting Registries in Registry Editor

When you delete in the Registry Editor, it's alternative way to free up space?

Jeanne Gabriela, Mar 15, 2023
  3. registry defraggers- safe?

I have 2 registry cleaners that find alot of errors (usually deleted files w/ registry entries pointing nowhere because of it) and I delete them, so I suppose this fragments te registry. I have never once defragged the registry in my life and I'm wondering
    1. Is it safe to do?
    2. will I see a performance gain (anything to 1 more FPS in a game to faster load/boot times)
    3. What is the name of a good registry defragger?

stealthfighter, Mar 15, 2023
  4. If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause...

Registry Editor Freezes !!

I HAD TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL STARTING W/MICSOFT 7 PRO. ALSO HAD TO DO A LOT OF FINGER CROSSING!

AND WHEN IT UPDATES IT WENT TO THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS 10. 1511_10586.71 INSTEAD OF THE BUILD 10586.0. 10586.0 WAS THE BUILD THAT HAD THE REGISTRY EDITOR FLAW.

Scanner1142, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause...

1. If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause... - Similar Threads - added Word registry

2. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  3. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  4. If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause...

If I added a D-Word in registry editor but then deleted, is that safe? Is won’t cause...: I was trying to turn Hibernation Off in the registry editor. I went to the CurrentControlSet, then to Control, then to ‘Power’ and then added a D-Word of ‘HibernateEnabled.’ But then I realized that I already had that named ‘HibernateEnabledDefault’ so I deleted the D-Word of...
  5. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  6. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  7. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  8. Mistakenly Deleted Files in Registry Editor.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mistakenly Deleted Files in Registry Editor.: Greetings, I recently deleted two files from "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\" by mistake. The files i've deleted is named as "FileSynsncEx" and "Sharing". i wonder if anyone got a Value code for those. it would really mean alot...
  9. Safe to delete this registry key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe to delete this registry key?: Hello, I'm trying to convert my user account to a local account. Can I safely delete this registry key? HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (where "email" is my email username)...
  10. Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor: Hello, I Accidentally deleted the wrong files in the registry editor instead of deleting files in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers i've deleted in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Luckily for me i...