Windows 10: If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer...

Discus and support If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My issue is the image that came with the machine includes a McAfee anti-virus trial, but even if I wipe the device and set it up with Autopilot through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whatsupworld83, Feb 25, 2021.

1. If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer...

My issue is the image that came with the machine includes a McAfee anti-virus trial, but even if I wipe the device and set it up with Autopilot through Intune, it always installs this damn McAfee trial and then my policy has a conflict because we use Windows Defender.

If I reinstall using cloud or local it always does it, so I'm assuming it's something built into the Lenovo Windows 10 image? I'm wondering if it's possible to download the Windows 10 USB installer and if I'd format the machine and reinstall that way instead or if I'd need a product key to do that or something? If that does work, would initiating a device reset reset it back to this image, or would it go back to the Lenovo one with the pre-installed utilities?

submitted by /u/whatsupworld83
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whatsupworld83, Feb 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 25, 2021
  4. If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer... :)

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer...

1. If I bought a ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro, can I download the Windows 10 USB installer... - Similar Threads - bought ThinkPad Pro

2. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  3. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  4. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  6. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  7. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with...: I live in the middle east and i bought a Lenovo thinkpad laptop which only comes with DOS no windows installed, and the shop mentioned that they can install a licensed windows 10 pro for only 60 USd,, so is this normal? the license was inside a label on the back of my laptop...
  9. Windows Installation Media Created A Windows 10 Pro on the USB, and I bought a license for...

Windows Installation Media Created A Windows 10 Pro on the USB, and I bought a license for...: I installed Windows 10 from an installation media I created with the installation media tool from Microsoft's website. During installation I typed in the product key which I got when I bought the Windows 10 Home license from Microsoft's website, as it was provided to me in...
  10. Can I install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Windows 10 Pro: Can I Install Windows 10 Pro on my PC without typing the product key if it was previously installed on my PC with activated license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-windows-10-pro/b132f0a9-6aef-4e30-b9eb-e66f758d1d0d