Windows 10: If I buy a CD version of W10 do I have to log into MS to login?

Discus and support If I buy a CD version of W10 do I have to log into MS to login? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of W10 Pro using the USB stick method. Now when I login I have to do so with my Microsoft account. If I do an install with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coloradojay, Aug 9, 2019.

1. If I buy a CD version of W10 do I have to log into MS to login?

I just did a fresh install of W10 Pro using the USB stick method. Now when I login I have to do so with my Microsoft account. If I do an install with a real W10 disk, or perhaps an image, will I still have to sign in with my MS account? Or will it be like after the W7 to W10 free upgrade where I had my own password and didn't feel like big brother was watching me.

Was there a way I could have avoided that somewhere in the USB stick installation?

thanks, Jay

:)

Coloradojay, Aug 9, 2019

2. MS online account logins VERSUS W10 computer login passwords

I am configuring a new computer. I would like to use a shorter, 7 char computer login password, but it seems that MS in W10 requires the same password for the MS online accounts, like this community and other centralized capabilities, as the login password
    for my computer. The MS online accounts must be at least 8 characters.

Why can't I establish a completely different password for my computer and the online accounts ?

Please let me know if there is a way around this apparent rule.

If it really is a rule that the computer password must match the MS online account passwords, then

I would suggest this is a counterproductive restriction in a world where password management is already burdensome.

NealScribner, Aug 9, 2019
  3. W10 can no longer log into MS account

After using my PC for years, I recently started to have a problem with the Windows Store in that it wouldn't sign into my account. After following lots of advice, one of which was to log into my PC using local admin account, I can no longer log back into
    W10 using my MS account. When I go to settings > accounts > sign in with a MS account instead, after entering the correct credentials it just says "Oops something went wrong it was probably our fault, try again."

My MS account itself is fine - I can log into it using a browser and all seems well, and my laptop is still logged into it and all is fine. When I click on Devices I can see both my desktop and laptop listed. It's just something's happened to my desktop
    recently which is preventing me from switching back to using my MS account. I don't recall changing any settings which would do this. Any ideas?

EvoluZion3, Aug 9, 2019
  4. If I buy a CD version of W10 do I have to log into MS to login?

Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

If I buy a CD version of W10 do I have to log into MS to login?

1. If I buy a CD version of W10 do I have to log into MS to login? - Similar Threads - buy version W10

2. Do I have to buy another key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to buy another key: So I bought a windows 7 ultimate product key to activate windows because I want to install win8.1 on my computer. It is still asking me for a key and when I put mine in it says it’s not working. I do not want to buy another key and I am using the iso file....
  3. Do I have to buy another key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have to buy another key: So I bought a windows 7 ultimate product key to activate windows because I want to install win8.1 on my computer. It is still asking me for a key and when I put mine in it says it’s not working. I do not want to buy another key and I am using the iso file....
  4. do i have to buy minecraft twice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do i have to buy minecraft twice?: Ive spent all day with my computer trying to buy minecrat though so much trial and error with different micosoft accounts and so on but ive finally urched the game. It came through my bank statement, it says ive purchesed it but when i go to download/play it theres a large...
  5. I have the free version of windows and now I want to upgrade and buy the best version of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have the free version of windows and now I want to upgrade and buy the best version of...: I want to buy the real windows 10 and have the free version on my pc. How do I upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-free-version-of-windows-and-now-i-want/ea8c9624-8c75-420c-8eff-dc8a38572a52
  6. Do I have to buy windows 10 again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have to buy windows 10 again?: Hello, I've bought windows 10 online for my first gaming computer. Currently I am in the process of building a new gaming PC and was wondering if I could still use the windows 10 installation key from my first computer onto this new computer while keeping windows 10 on both...
  7. Why do I have to buy Minecraft again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to buy Minecraft again?: I bought the Minecraft PC version the card way back in 2014. On my old laptop, it worked fine. But why do I have to spend an extra $30 for the same game... just on a different computer? Can't I just provide a picture of both the same card + code I bought Minecraft with? I...
  8. Do I have to buy a new license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I have to buy a new license?: A couple years ago I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I'm currently building a PC. Do I have to buy a new license, or can I somehow transfer the license to my new computer? submitted by /u/PM_ME_SUPAIDAMAN [link] [comments]...
  9. Do I need to buy another Minecraft for Xbox if I have windows 10 version?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Do I need to buy another Minecraft for Xbox if I have windows 10 version?: One of my kids has minecraft for windows 10. They are getting an x box for christmas. Will i have to buy another minecraft for the xbox for them to be able to play together?...
  10. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...