Windows 10: If i buy a laptop without an OS, can i somehow install my current W10 OS from my old laptop...

Discus and support If i buy a laptop without an OS, can i somehow install my current W10 OS from my old laptop... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title Edit: When i bought an SSD using for my old laptop i installed W10 on it using a USB which got the W10 from the HDD on my laptop. Can i do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SennaMain, Oct 29, 2019.

1. If i buy a laptop without an OS, can i somehow install my current W10 OS from my old laptop...

Title

Edit: When i bought an SSD using for my old laptop i installed W10 on it using a USB which got the W10 from the HDD on my laptop. Can i do the same on the new one?

submitted by /u/SennaMain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SennaMain, Oct 29, 2019
  2. mitya Win User

Buying with laptop no OS and installing Linux... headache?

As the title says I'm thinking of buying an OS-less laptop and installing Linux. I am interested in whether this will likely lead to problems with things like - oh, I don't know - GPU drivers, wireless etc? Or should all that stuff just work, as it would have if the laptop had come with an OS?

Thanks in advance

p.s. I've never installed an OS before. Presumably I'll need Linux on a CD first.

mitya, Oct 29, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

4. pigulici Win User

If i buy a laptop without an OS, can i somehow install my current W10 OS from my old laptop...

Buying with laptop no OS and installing Linux... headache?

I just buyed a lenovo g510 for my sister and a lenovo y510p for me(both come with freedos), on g510 I put Win 7 SP1 Ultimate Ret 64 b + Linux Mageia 4 64b, on Y510p I put Win 7 SP1 Home Prem OEM 64 b + Linux Mageia 4 64b; from my experience the laptop with no OS, tend to be more user friendly when it is about to work with any OS, my advice look at what you can buy from your money and google that laptop model + linux word, at my those 2 on linux I never had to install any driver, it is already done after first reboot....

pigulici, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

If i buy a laptop without an OS, can i somehow install my current W10 OS from my old laptop...

1. If i buy a laptop without an OS, can i somehow install my current W10 OS from my old laptop... - Similar Threads - buy laptop without

2. Installing of Windows 11 OS on My Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing of Windows 11 OS on My Laptop.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friends & Community Support Team, This is Gavin Mathos. I want to upgrade My Laptop to Windows 11 OS. Got a message in PC Health Check App i.e. " This PC dosen't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The Processor Intel Core i3-6006U CPU @...
  3. Installing of Windows 11 OS on My Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing of Windows 11 OS on My Laptop.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friends & Community Support Team, This is Gavin Mathos. I want to upgrade My Laptop to Windows 11 OS. Got a message in PC Health Check App i.e. " This PC dosen't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The Processor Intel Core i3-6006U CPU @...
  4. Can i shift my Windows Os from my laptop to desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i shift my Windows Os from my laptop to desktop?: I had brought a laptop with preinstalled windows but then i recently brought a new desktop, so can i shift my original windows on laptop to the desktop ? Does cloning the C drive work.?...
  5. I want to clean my laptop without downgrading my windows OS

I want to clean my laptop without downgrading my windows OS: Hey. So my laptop is filled with a lotta programs and games i downloaded. I want to clear all the data to keep it organised next time. Version- Windows 10 home. Tyia...
  6. Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.: I want an empty windows 10 laptop. I currently have the windows 10 home edition. The laptop was bought having a windows 8 probably. Is there a way to remove everything except the windows 10 itself. I'm afraid manually removing files won't do....
  7. Can I buy a laptop without Windows 10 installed on it ?

Can I buy a laptop without Windows 10 installed on it ?: Hello Community ! I'm wondering if I buy a laptop that hasn't Windows 10 installed on it, will I be able to install it later and will it work ok ? Thank you for your help and regards....
  8. Windows and Chromium OS installed on my laptop

Windows and Chromium OS installed on my laptop: Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user and a student. So I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad Y450 laptop which was installed Windows 10 on it. After using it around 1 week, I thought it got some problem so I tried reinstalling Windows 10 by USB boot form Media Creation Tool on Microsoft website...
  9. Fresh OS installation to my Laptop

Fresh OS installation to my Laptop: My Laptop (HP Spectre X360 - 13-Ae045tu) came up with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. I want to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 pro. What are the ways to do it? If I download ISO of Win 10 from Microsoft site will it be registered/activate in my laptop? Is it...
  10. I lost OS on my Laptop

I lost OS on my Laptop: I lost OS on my laptop/can not down load MSFT window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-os-on-my-laptop/09980fa2-9bd6-44fe-a2f0-e4e5eced843e