Windows 10: If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu.

Discus and support If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so I'm working with a .exe (steam game). I have a desktop shortcut on which I have changed the icon, i have also opened file location and changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flying_Fish420, Apr 20, 2020.

1. If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu.

so I'm working with a .exe (steam game). I have a desktop shortcut on which I have changed the icon, i have also opened file location and changed the icon there. But when I search for it in the Windows start menu or I have it running, it shows the old icon. And yes, I have restarted the PC.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Flying_Fish420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flying_Fish420, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. MCK
    mck Win User

If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu.

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu.

1. If I change an app icon, it doesn't change it for the Taskbar or Windows start menu. - Similar Threads - change app icon

2. Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?: Hey Microsoft Forums!I've recently been customizing my Windows 11 computer to be themed around the Chicago Bulls. I've changed everything I like but there is one big issue, that stupid windows icon. It's blue so it doesn't fit my theme. If I could change the way it looks like...
  3. Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?: Hey Microsoft Forums!I've recently been customizing my Windows 11 computer to be themed around the Chicago Bulls. I've changed everything I like but there is one big issue, that stupid windows icon. It's blue so it doesn't fit my theme. If I could change the way it looks like...
  4. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  5. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  6. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  7. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  8. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  9. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  10. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...